Questions about how MBWorld.org works...not for car questions. Use this forum for help on using all or any part of the forums. Make sure to read the Forum FAQs first.

Forum Upgrade Questions and Concerns

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2004, 10:49 PM
Super Moderator

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
2003 CL55 AMG
Forum Upgrade Questions and Concerns

We have been working vigilantly behind the scenes here at MBWorld on a new forum upgrade and layout.

The new upgrade will be deployed on Saturday June 26 and Sunday June 27, 2004 to our servers.

We anticipate this upgrade will take the better part of June 26th to complete, however, in all possibility it may also require June 27th for minor testing and tweaking.

The upgrade will require us to take the forums offline during these 2 days.

No content will be lost as we will migrate all the existing threads and user profiles over to the new upgraded forum.

Many new features will be available for everyone to use with the new upgrade including the ability to store pictures on MBWorld again.

This is probably the most requested feature that we have been asked about since we took picture hosting offline a while back.

If you have any questions, I will start a post in the Forum Questions & Help forum.
Old 06-18-2004, 12:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 BMW 550i
Are you staying with vBulletin, or are you going to some other forum software?
Old 06-18-2004, 01:10 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
They are staying with vBulletin, just upgrading to the latest version. vBulletin is one of the industry leaders in this type of software with an enormous backing of customization *hint hint*

Yall going to include some bandwidth and stability mods? What are the specs of the server you're running on? Have you thought of the different skins?

I'm still waiting for my graphics SDK kit..
Old 06-18-2004, 01:34 PM
Super Moderator

2003 CL55 AMG
We are staying with Vbulletin, just going with the newest version.

As for custom mods, don't count on it. Custom mods seem to cause weird problems here and there and with a forum of this size we prefer to keep it as stable as possible.
Old 06-18-2004, 01:44 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
But.. but.. he said he'd install them!!

You've broken my heart Adam, look what you did

It's not really forum stuff, it's more backend like the bouncer e-mails and stuff.
Old 06-20-2004, 01:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 S550 4Matic P3, Pano, Distronic, Sport
The new version is excellent.

I belong to a V-Rod forum that is using it. Very stable and auto thumbnails.

Should be a lot faster too!
Old 07-01-2004, 02:34 PM

Received 69 Likes on 48 Posts
'18 E63S AMG
Awiner,

Are the search features working properly? I will use your posts as an example. If I conduct a title search for "HRE" in the tires and suspension forum, a handful of searches are found, but it does not appear that all of them are found. For instance, your posts about your HRE 847's are not found. However, if I do a member search (you for instance), and then find all of your threads that you started, your HRE post (clearly in the title) will be found.

Thanks,

Mike
Old 07-01-2004, 03:02 PM
Super Moderator

2003 CL55 AMG
When I search on HRE I see over 200 posts. When I do an advanced search using my name as the poster and search HRE, I don't see anything ! I will look into it.
Old 07-01-2004, 04:13 PM

Received 69 Likes on 48 Posts
'18 E63S AMG
That's weird.

As a specific example, if I go into the "Tirerack's wheel . . . ." forum, and set the "From the" display option at the bottom to "Beginning", I will get 52 pages right now. Then, just under the number of pages at the upper right, if I select the "search this forum" option, and type "hre" in the pull down, I will only get 28 threads. Your "HRE 847's" post will not be in there. If I go into advanced, and type "hre", it will still not be in there. If I type "hre" and "awiner" under the user name under the advanced search, no matches are found.

If I type just your name under the advanced search, your "HRE 847's" thread will be found.

Puzzling

Thanks,