Questions about how MBWorld.org works...not for car questions. Use this forum for help on using all or any part of the forums. Make sure to read the Forum FAQs first.

Can’t send messages

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2019, 12:20 PM

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
2020 Iridium Silver C43 Sedan
Can’t send messages

Hi all,
been on the forums for about a year. I used to be able to send messages but now get a notice saying I do not have permission to use this function. Can anyone help me out?
Old 11-22-2019, 02:23 PM
IB Staff

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Your account shows normal permissions to include PM access.

Please provide the details as to who you were trying to send a PM to as well as on what device (mobile, desktop) and theme (mobile theme, desktop theme or mobile app).
Old 11-22-2019, 03:20 PM

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
2020 Iridium Silver C43 Sedan
Originally Posted by IB JT

Please provide the details as to who you were trying to send a PM to as well as on what device (mobile, desktop) and theme (mobile theme, desktop theme or mobile app).
works now. Thanks!
Old 12-02-2019, 01:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG GTS
I cant send pm neither...
Old 12-02-2019, 01:43 PM

AMG GTS
Old 12-02-2019, 02:11 PM
IB Staff

Originally Posted by HardWork

Old 12-10-2019, 05:42 PM

TBD
Hi, I also cannot send a PM.
Old 12-10-2019, 06:01 PM
IB Staff

Originally Posted by jokris
Hi, I also cannot send a PM.
That's normal as you currently don't have PM access being a new member. To help protect the community against spam and other unsolicited PMs, members must be "established" in order to have access to the PM system. Bob, the lead Administrator, might disclose what the entails but I generally state that those who use the site for its intended purpose, as an enthusiast of the cars, will become "established" in very short order and thus will have access to the PM system.

So my suggestion would be to continue to use the site by participating and either help others, or ask questions you need assistance with, and you will find PM access very shortly.
Old 02-08-2020, 05:37 PM

Location: In 1981 I left Netherlands for Califoria and was offered an engineering job in the Petro-chemy design refineries.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 GLK 350
How to send a message

Hi folks,
I just started a new membership and like to send a first message with a question.
Like to know how and where?
Thank you, Ronny
Old 02-18-2020, 08:34 PM

2017 Mercedes C300
I can’t send messages as well and have posted multiple times.
Old 02-18-2020, 10:36 PM
IB Staff

Originally Posted by triigz
I can’t send messages as well and have posted multiple times.

Please note the limitations are there to protect the community from Spam and Scams. Members who use the site for its intended purpose can quickly get access to PMs by using the site normally.
Old 05-13-2020, 05:36 PM

Mercedes CLC 350 CL203, C63 W204, C350 Brabus 4.0
after deleting a PM in my mail box I now get

you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Private Messages also disappeared from the drop down profile menu as well as the control panel functions list.

Suggestions?
Thanks
Old 05-13-2020, 05:57 PM
IB Staff

Originally Posted by CedricS
after deleting a PM in my mail box I now get

you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Private Messages also disappeared from the drop down profile menu as well as the control panel functions list.

Suggestions?
Thanks
Deleting a PM would not have resulted in losing PM access. Your account currently does not met the required "established" requirements in order to have access to the PM system which is why you report not having access. My best guess is that you previously had PM access but was not active on MBWorld and when you recently visited, the system automatically applied the new requirements to your account that resulted in loss of PM access until your account could met the new requirements that was created a few months ago. In other words, what happened would be considered normal as part of the system's processes.

As with the case for anyone who does not have PM access, my advice would be to continue to use the site by participating and either help others, or ask questions you need assistance with, and you will find PM access very shortly. The PM restrictions were put in place to protect the community from spam, which was occurring in large volumes, from old and new accounts that was created for the sole purpose of spamming.
The following users liked this post:
CedricS (05-13-2020)
Old 05-18-2020, 09:06 PM

2016 AMG GT
I can’t send PM either

Please allow me to send PM’s
Old 05-18-2020, 10:53 PM
IB Staff

Originally Posted by Mark Nguyen
Please allow me to send PM’s
PM access is automatically given by the system when the account meets the criteria - which I refer to as an "established" member. We can't disclose exactly what an established member consists of as it can work against the system that's in place to protect the community.

As noted above, my advice would be to continue to use the site to help others and ask questions you need assistance with. Using the site for its intended purpose will result in PM access in a timely manner.
Old 07-10-2020, 01:22 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C215 CL 600 2003
Hi there all Benz lovers!
David from Sweden here(sorry my bad english).
Im having problem when I try to send a PM to a certain member.
I left a "visitor message", but that felt a bit wrong cause it was meant as a private message.
I would need help so I can send him my PM
Best Regards from Sweden to you all
/David
Old 07-10-2020, 06:06 PM
IB Staff

Originally Posted by a54067
Hi there all Benz lovers!
David from Sweden here(sorry my bad english).
Im having problem when I try to send a PM to a certain member.
I left a "visitor message", but that felt a bit wrong cause it was meant as a private message.
I would need help so I can send him my PM
Best Regards from Sweden to you all
/David
David,

PM access is automatically given by the system when the account meets the criteria - which I refer to as an "established" member. We can't disclose exactly what an established member consists of as it can work against the system that's in place to protect the community. This means that new accounts, such as yours, and accounts that aren't active don't have PM access until they've become "established" members.

My advice would be to continue to use the site to help others and ask questions you need assistance with. Using the site for its intended purpose will result in PM access in a timely manner.
Old 11-06-2020, 11:20 PM

Gle
Cannot PM

Hi i cannot PM. Please help
Old 11-07-2020, 01:25 AM
IB Staff

Originally Posted by Bestmeec
Hi i cannot PM. Please help
PM access is automatically given by the system when the account meets the criteria - which I refer to as an "established" member. We can't disclose exactly what an established member consists of as it can work against the system that's in place to protect the community. This means that new accounts, such as yours, and accounts that aren't active don't have PM access until they've become "established" members.

My advice would be to continue to use the site to help others and ask questions you need assistance with. Using the site for its intended purpose will result in PM access in a timely manner.
Old 01-14-2021, 08:24 AM

550xi
Hello. I cannot PM - and I have in the past. Could you please check my permissions?
Old 01-14-2021, 01:53 PM
IB Staff

Originally Posted by Magicspot
Hello. I cannot PM - and I have in the past. Could you please check my permissions?
Try it again. You show to have PM access.
Old 01-14-2021, 01:54 PM

550xi
Originally Posted by IB JT
Try it again. You show to have PM access.
Working now. Thank you.
Old 01-15-2021, 11:25 PM

2003 E55
I get the same error. You don’t have permissions to access this page.
Old 01-16-2021, 01:01 AM
IB Staff

Originally Posted by dewstr01
I get the same error. You don’t have permissions to access this page.
PM access is restricted for new Members or members with low activity. The system will automatically give access to PMs when the account meets the criteria - which I refer to as an "established" member. We can't disclose exactly what an established member consists of as it can work against the system that's in place to protect the community. This means that new accounts, and accounts that aren't active, don't have PM access until they've become "established" members.

Normally, my advice would be to continue to use the site to help others and ask questions you need assistance with. Using the site for its intended purpose will result in PM access in a timely manner. That said, your account does now show PM access.
Old 04-30-2023, 03:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
GLE 63S
I am having the same issue!

Thank you!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Can’t send messages