Pictures of the R Class

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2005, 11:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 E350 Cabriolet..White and Almond Mocha
Pictures of the R Class

Go to my nevadajack.us web site and select the GST Gallery. Pictures are from German Car Fans, Auto Spies and other commercial sites. Disregard the Copyright notice...this applies to the Albums and my images, not the ones on this page.

Old 03-08-2005, 12:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

New picture from GCF

Here is another of the latest images of the Vision R....
Attached Thumbnails Pictures of the R Class-picture-1rside_front.jpg  
Old 03-10-2005, 04:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Mercedes C-Class
Which engine does it have? Do you have choice of more engines?
What about an AMG version?
Old 03-10-2005, 05:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by elbimmer
Which engine does it have? Do you have choice of more engines?
What about an AMG version?
The engine options (as well as others) is not really known at this point. It is suspected the initial offer will be the current V8 used in the E500 and others and possibly the new V6 350. They have shown a AMG concept version but that will be further down the road I am sure. A 320CDI diesel is also a possibility since the new ML is scheduled to have that option in 2006 sometime.
Old 03-14-2005, 11:08 PM

2004 E500
Waiting List - Deposit -

Nevada Jack -
I'm curious about the deposit you put down - I'm assuming it was at FJ - do you happen to know how many were on the waiting list?? I've fallen in love! I wanted the ML - but very disappointed at the lack of seating- the GST looks like it will be realy comfy, sporty - and a blast to drive..... I need to call Steve over there - but was just curious if there was a long wait list....
Thanks!
Old 03-14-2005, 11:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by scubamom
Nevada Jack -
I'm curious about the deposit you put down - I'm assuming it was at FJ - do you happen to know how many were on the waiting list?? I've fallen in love! I wanted the ML - but very disappointed at the lack of seating- the GST looks like it will be realy comfy, sporty - and a blast to drive..... I need to call Steve over there - but was just curious if there was a long wait list....
Thanks!
I really didn't ask when I put the deposit down....guess I should have. There may not even be a list...maybe they just wanted to get the float for 6 months..:-) I just knew I wanted that car and wanted to make sure I had some position to get my order in first. If Steve gives you any information please PM me.

Ask him about engine options. I indicated to Howard (my sales rep) that I did not want one with the present V8 in the E500 (24 valve), and if I have to wait for the V6 350 or new V8 (32 valve), I would do that. I don't think the early cars will have the 320CDI but I bet it will be available the same time the ML gets it in 2006 sometime.

I am hoping MB provides some firm information at the NY show as to engines options and such but I am not counting on it. I have a hunch the push will come in June or so to hype the introduction and advance sales.

I think the car will be a big seller IF MB carries through on the concept car features with the production model. If they try to cut corners or lower the quality they have hyped, then they will have problems.
Old 03-15-2005, 07:04 PM

2004 E500
My husband went in today and put down a deposit as well. He didn't ask how many people are on the list. Anyway - apparently Steve just got back from a GST training - and apparently has a little more information, however he wasn't in this AM when my husband was there. So, hopefully he'll catch up with Steve later this week and get some more information - I'll defintely pass on whatever I hear....please do the same! I'm excited - I think it looks like a really fun car.... We just need to figure out what to do with the roof - my husband is thinking double limo tint - there is no way that the inside of the car won't get too hot in the summer without doing something to the roof.

Take care -
K
Old 03-16-2005, 09:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by scubamom
My husband went in today and put down a deposit as well. He didn't ask how many people are on the list. Anyway - apparently Steve just got back from a GST training - and apparently has a little more information, however he wasn't in this AM when my husband was there. So, hopefully he'll catch up with Steve later this week and get some more information - I'll defintely pass on whatever I hear....please do the same! I'm excited - I think it looks like a really fun car.... We just need to figure out what to do with the roof - my husband is thinking double limo tint - there is no way that the inside of the car won't get too hot in the summer without doing something to the roof.

Take care -
K
I thought I responed to this last night but I must have forgotten to hit the post button.

My concern is for the UV blocking in that roof. I hope it is 100% coated. As far as the heat inside the car, they have an A/C system which senses the heat load of the sun through the roof and controls the temp. I think the new 2 stage A/C will be an option. But the sun will not be denied and this will be a point of discussion I am sure.

I will let you know if I hear anything new or interesting. Hopefully Steve will have some information to provide us.