Order placed today for R350!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2005, 09:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 E350 Cabriolet..White and Almond Mocha
Order placed today for R350!

My dealer just let me know that they were authorized to place orders for the R Class today

He said they expected pricing by the end of May and when he gets the allocation we will have two weeks to make changes in the specs. He suspects that September will be the earliest the car will be released for direct sale.

Great news guys (and gals.)
Old 05-04-2005, 12:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1963 220Sb
Congrats! What did you end up ordering? Were you allowed to order spefics, color, etc, or just the car?
Old 05-04-2005, 01:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by PHYBENZ
Congrats! What did you end up ordering? Were you allowed to order spefics, color, etc, or just the car?
I ordered the R350. The dealer indicated he spec'd it with the options I provided him which was from a list provided by MB in one of their promotional pieces. I don't know if he had a code to select from or not. When he receives the pricing and the allocation information, I can make the final selections and color choice. Colors will be Alpine Rain (a new ML color) if available, pewter or some sort of silver. I have not made a decision and want to see the Alpine Rain color chip before I decide.
Old 05-06-2005, 10:37 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats man!

Can i ask you something, have you seen the car in person?
Old 05-07-2005, 12:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by mrai_dubai
Congrats man!

Can i ask you something, have you seen the car in person?
Thanks. No, i have not seen the car in person. However, I have seen every picture of it since the day it was introduced in 2002 as a concept. I have also read any information available anywhere.

Having driven many different varieties of Mercedes since the early 70's, I depend on Mercedes to produce a great car. I may not see it until I arrive at the dealership to take delivery but I have no problem with that. I have done that before and never been disappointed...:-) I think this car right now is a "sleeper" and once introduced and seen on the road will convince a lot of people that Mercedes remains the leader in quality and style.

I will post any information I get and there will be pictures galore when take delivery hopefully in September...:-)
Old 05-08-2005, 12:44 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by Nevada Jack
Thanks. No, i have not seen the car in person. However, I have seen every picture of it since the day it was introduced in 2002 as a concept. I have also read any information available anywhere.

Having driven many different varieties of Mercedes since the early 70's, I depend on Mercedes to produce a great car. I may not see it until I arrive at the dealership to take delivery but I have no problem with that. I have done that before and never been disappointed...:-) I think this car right now is a "sleeper" and once introduced and seen on the road will convince a lot of people that Mercedes remains the leader in quality and style.

I will post any information I get and there will be pictures galore when take delivery hopefully in September...:-)

mmm...impressive! My father is thinking of getting one too, not sure yet, but we are on the waiting list for a cls350 and ml 55 amg! Do you have any idea if they will come out with a R500 or AMG version?
Old 05-08-2005, 12:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by mrai_dubai
mmm...impressive! My father is thinking of getting one too, not sure yet, but we are on the waiting list for a cls350 and ml 55 amg! Do you have any idea if they will come out with a R500 or AMG version?
The R500 is available now for order just like the R350. It has the V8 302HP engine and some things are standard that are options on the R350.

Yes on the AMG version...there are already spy shots floating around. In fact I posted a link to the spy shots on the AMG forum several weeks ago. Check out the www.germancarfans.com site and look in the MB Forum or articles page.
Old 05-12-2005, 01:35 PM

i saw the R350 at the ny autoshow. and believe me you wont be disapointed.
Old 05-12-2005, 01:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Lov2xlr8
i saw the R350 at the ny autoshow. and believe me you wont be disapointed.
Thanks...it is good to get a positive comment from someone who has seen the car and also who has a stable of pretty solid MB's automobiles.