R-Class (W251) Produced 2006-2013: R320CDI, R350, R420CDI, R500

Pewter with Macadamia (Tan) interior??

Old 07-31-2005, 11:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pewter with Macadamia (Tan) interior??

Looks like MB is finally being more flexible about allowing nearly any combination of interior and exterior color choices. In many previous vehicles, especially first year of production, certain exterior colors dictated a specific choice or maybe two of interiors. Not so with R-Class, which is great.

So I have a thing against gray leather... no reason really, I just relly like tan-colored leather interiors.

And Pewter is my favorite exterior color... Anyone care to express an opinion of what Pewter would look like with Macadamia leather interior? Other makers (Nissan) offer this color combo as standard, but MB usually does gray leather with Pewter on its vehicles.

Anyone know of any pictures of this combo on an MB somewhere?

thanks for opinions...

--josh
Old 07-31-2005, 11:42 AM

Here's the combo I'm talking about from the BYOR site...

opinions?
Attached Thumbnails Pewter with Macadamia (Tan) interior??-r-class-combo.jpg  
Old 07-31-2005, 12:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 E350 Cabriolet..White and Almond Mocha
Originally Posted by joshg
Looks like MB is finally being more flexible about allowing nearly any combination of interior and exterior color choices. In many previous vehicles, especially first year of production, certain exterior colors dictated a specific choice or maybe two of interiors. Not so with R-Class, which is great.

So I have a thing against gray leather... no reason really, I just relly like tan-colored leather interiors.

And Pewter is my favorite exterior color... Anyone care to express an opinion of what Pewter would look like with Macadamia leather interior? Other makers (Nissan) offer this color combo as standard, but MB usually does gray leather with Pewter on its vehicles.

Anyone know of any pictures of this combo on an MB somewhere?

thanks for opinions...

--josh
Check out my web site and you will find many of the Macadamia interior and a few with the Pewter exterior. It is difficult to tell if an exterior is Pewter or Silver in some of the pictures. I think either one goes well with Pewter. I am partial to Gray interiors (present E sedan is Pewter/Ash) and have selected it for my R500 as well. The tan will look great I am sure as it does in the pictures I have seen.
Old 08-17-2005, 04:01 AM

I took the plunge... I saw an S-class in Pewter/Macadamia and loved it... so I placed my order for the R. fingers crossed it will look as good on this big vehicle.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 E350 Cabriolet..White and Almond Mocha
Originally Posted by joshg
I took the plunge... I saw an S-class in Pewter/Macadamia and loved it... so I placed my order for the R. fingers crossed it will look as good on this big vehicle.
Congrats josh...very close in the specs to mine. Looks like we will be taking delivery about the same time in October.