Drove the R350 Today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2005, 05:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 E350 Cabriolet..White and Almond Mocha
Drove the R350 Today

Finally after all this time I drove a R350 today. Iridium Silver/Charcoal.

I was pleased with the ride and the appearance of the car. I am not a fan of black interiors but still liked what I saw. All the fit and finish was perfect that I could see. The quality of the materials was fine with the exception of some things like the sunvisors being all plastic, unlike my E which are padded. However, this did not effect my acceptance of the look or the feel. The seats were firm (not the Multicontour) but very comfortable. Great sitting position and the console area controls were all handy and easy to get to.

The rear seats had plenty of room and entry into the 3rd row was easy and there was lots of room to get seated. I would not feel comfortable though for a long ride in the 3rd row...just a little tight. The space behind the 3rd row is not great but could handle a pretty good grocery order. I see myself riding with the 3rd row seats folded down full time, allowing a large storage area.

The car is really quiet running. I could not hear the engine running when I started it. The gear shift was as natural as could be. I backed out into the parking lot and it will take some getting used to (glad I got Parktronic.) Just drove on city street for about 10 minutes but very pleased with the ride quietness and did not even know there was a transmission in the car. The track was perfect although only at about 55mph. Turns nicely and brakes were firm and sure.

All in all I will be pleased with my R500 in October...I am sure of that! Here are some pictures:

Old 09-11-2005, 01:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheels
Great to hear that you like it Nevada Jack. I am sure that when our R63 comes in it will be just as great as the R500. I am one of the first on the waiting list YAY.

Did you snap some interior pictures that you could post?
Old 09-11-2005, 08:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by MB Fanatic
Great to hear that you like it Nevada Jack. I am sure that when our R63 comes in it will be just as great as the R500. I am one of the first on the waiting list YAY.

Did you snap some interior pictures that you could post?
You are going to love that R63!

I didn't shoot any interiors since he had a customer waiting for the next demo ride. It was Charcoal (really black) which I don't care for personally but it did look good. If you check my website and look at the Saks album it shows the same interior.

Sorry...just checked the Sak images and they are the sporty interior...the AMG will of course have it's own great touch.

Last edited by Nevada Jack; 09-11-2005 at 09:08 AM.
Old 09-20-2005, 03:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 CLK 430
is this car suppose to be an SUV or a Minivan....looks like a hybrid of the two???
Old 09-20-2005, 04:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by CurYousGee
is this car suppose to be an SUV or a Minivan....looks like a hybrid of the two???
Yes it is a crossover. All the information is on www.mbusa.com