R-Class (W251) Produced 2006-2013: R320CDI, R350, R420CDI, R500

qkslvr: How hard is it to keep the car clean?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2006 | 12:16 AM
fq1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
qkslvr: How hard is it to keep the car clean?

I finally got the Barolo Red (hope to pick up next week unles the dealer screws up up or plays games). I was wondering if it attracts a lot of dirt and that you need to wash it up more often than some of the lighter colors.

Thanks, and I would appreciate additional pics of your car if you have any!!
Old 07-23-2006 | 12:18 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2011 C300 4matic, 2015 Porsche Macan S, 2006 R500 (sold)
Originally Posted by fq1
I finally got the Barolo Red (hope to pick up next week unles the dealer screws up up or plays games). I was wondering if it attracts a lot of dirt and that you need to wash it up more often than some of the lighter colors.

Thanks, and I would appreciate additional pics of your car if you have any!!
I used to have a black NSX.

Two Tips:
Zaino and California Dust Buster
Old 07-23-2006 | 02:09 PM

2006 R350 2001 BOXSTER S
As it is a darker color, it will show dirt more than the lighter shades. But I've been impressed overall with the paint and polish quality. I've been able to keep it fairly clean most of the time after rainstorms by using quick detailer spray and a water blade ( it beads quite well). I do keep it garaged, so it really doesn't get dusty often. And it doesn't show swirl marks like a black color normally will. The dirtiest spots tend to be behind the wheel wells ( might have to invest in mud guards), and the wheels themselves.

Congrats on your purchase, I still think it is the smoothest riding vehicle I've experienced in a long time.
Old 07-23-2006 | 02:26 PM
fq1

Originally Posted by qkslvr
As it is a darker color, it will show dirt more than the lighter shades. But I've been impressed overall with the paint and polish quality. I've been able to keep it fairly clean most of the time after rainstorms by using quick detailer spray and a water blade ( it beads quite well). I do keep it garaged, so it really doesn't get dusty often. And it doesn't show swirl marks like a black color normally will. The dirtiest spots tend to be behind the wheel wells ( might have to invest in mud guards), and the wheels themselves.

Congrats on your purchase, I still think it is the smoothest riding vehicle I've experienced in a long time.
Thanks!