R-Class (W251) Produced 2006-2013: R320CDI, R350, R420CDI, R500

R-Class Updates and Changes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 12:43 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E320
We were just looking at the R-class at the MB dealer the other day. Price for a R350L was $102k. It comes with 18" dual spoke rims, AMG exterior pack, panaromic sunroof, Themotronic, Bi-xenons, Presafe, leather seats, lighting pack, burl walnut trim, Parktronic, etc. This is the lowest spec R350L you can get in Hong Kong. My mom really liked it and so did I. It looked so nice in cubanite silver With a few options (wood steering wheel, side window blinds, COMMAND, 2nd row center console), the price will be around $112k.

The first thing I noticed when I got in was that it was so much more spacious than the 03 E320 we currently have. We were told about the 7 seater version, but not the 5 seater. Does anyone know whether the 2nd row seats in the 5 seater version will still shift backwards? I was under the impression that the 2nd row on the 6 seater we saw could shift backwards. I'm not very tall (5' 7"), but still find the E-class slightly too small (getting into the car is a bit tedious and so is getting out). My dad thought about the S-class, but the base S350 model already costs $166k. The R350L would be much more affordable.

Sorry to go slightly off topic, but is the R350L significantly better than the 03' E320 apart from being much bigger? Our current E-class doesn't quite isolate us from the outside world as much as our previous 01 S320 did and I was wondering whether the R-class is any better. I'm particularly interested in sound insulation from tire thud, tire-on-tarmac noise and outside noise coming into the cabin. Tire thud is pretty darn loud on the E-class and when we go through a tunnel, the cabin is pretty noisy too

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by milkpowder; 07-19-2007 at 12:49 PM.
Old 09-15-2007, 03:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
is it true that the air suspension package can only be ordered with PIII?
that was not the case on MY 2007 models. but a few dealers I talked to said 2008 has to be configured that way.
btw. anyone can find me a 4wd black R350 with airmatic?