Shopping for Warranty - Mercedes Benz R350 - Suggestions and Experience

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 01:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R350, BMW325i
Shopping for Warranty - Mercedes Benz R350 - Suggestions and Experience

Hi,

I just bought a 2008 R350, with 2000 miles - P1 Pkg, Nav, Htd seats Black/Tan. I am looking from owners of Mercedes Benz vehicles who could suggest a good warranty company, cost and their experience. I previously had a 00 ML430 which I sold due to too much money spend on repairs. ML430 had warranty, from a shady company called CARS (complete automotive repair services) - never buy warranty from this company. For a repair of $120 0 at dealership they pay $200. So I was forced to get repaired at import auto repair shops and they send some repaired/restored aftermarket parts which I was forced to use and fails. I had spend $1800 for that warranty for 4/yrs/48K miles or something. This time I dont want to make same mistake .

Please suggest some companies you all found good/recommended which allows repairs at dealerships. Where to buy, names and prices are appreciated.The replies could help all the mercedes owners

My Experience - Never buy CARS warranty (based in 4431 William Penn Hwy
Murrysville, Pennsylvania, 15668)
Old 08-21-2008, 09:59 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
GLE450 Coupe and C300w4
I don't know if this is possible, but have you called Mercedes directly and inquired about buying an extended warranty? especially since it's relatively new and low miles? Was it a demo?
Old 08-21-2008, 10:25 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2011 C300 4matic, 2015 Porsche Macan S, 2006 R500 (sold)
Originally Posted by rajupaulose
Hi,

I just bought a 2008 R350, with 2000 miles - P1 Pkg, Nav, Htd seats Black/Tan. I am looking from owners of Mercedes Benz vehicles who could suggest a good warranty company, cost and their experience. I previously had a 00 ML430 which I sold due to too much money spend on repairs. ML430 had warranty, from a shady company called CARS (complete automotive repair services) - never buy warranty from this company. For a repair of $120 0 at dealership they pay $200. So I was forced to get repaired at import auto repair shops and they send some repaired/restored aftermarket parts which I was forced to use and fails. I had spend $1800 for that warranty for 4/yrs/48K miles or something. This time I dont want to make same mistake .

Please suggest some companies you all found good/recommended which allows repairs at dealerships. Where to buy, names and prices are appreciated.The replies could help all the mercedes owners

My Experience - Never buy CARS warranty (based in 4431 William Penn Hwy
Murrysville, Pennsylvania, 15668)
From the E class and AMG forums, it seems like people is using this:

www.chryslerservicecontracts.com

No experience myself, however.
Old 09-05-2008, 10:26 AM

Why not buy the MB warranty?

Your car seems eligible - within the first year of ownership. You have already been burned by a third-party warranty company and you want to buy another?

What am I missing? Just call up your dealer and buy the MB warranty which is great. It may be a few more dollars but they won't be going out of business and your dealer won't hassle you.

Third-party warranty companies are, in general, a bad idea. The companies go out of business regularly, change their names, won't honor expensive repairs. . .why bother?
Old 09-05-2008, 12:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2000 CLK 320
+1.

Go with the MB warranty.
Old 09-05-2008, 02:18 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2011 C300 4matic, 2015 Porsche Macan S, 2006 R500 (sold)
Originally Posted by acrafton
Your car seems eligible - within the first year of ownership. You have already been burned by a third-party warranty company and you want to buy another?

What am I missing? Just call up your dealer and buy the MB warranty which is great. It may be a few more dollars but they won't be going out of business and your dealer won't hassle you.

Third-party warranty companies are, in general, a bad idea. The companies go out of business regularly, change their names, won't honor expensive repairs. . .why bother?
Not necessary. Only "brand new" or CPO MB buyers can buy extended warranty from Mercedes directly. Cannot tell is the original poster bought the car as "brand new".

BTW, there is also a huge price difference between the Mercedes and extended warranty from Chrysler. It can be as much as 50%. If you go check out the AMG, E, SL, CL and the S class forums, there are many happy MB'ers using the Chrysler extended warranty without any problem.

I do agree however of not buying warranty from companies that are not owned by the car manufacturers thou.
Old 09-05-2008, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by supernsx

I do agree however of not buying warranty from companies that are not owned by the car manufacturers thou.
Agreed. If he is looking at one from Chrysler I would not be (as) worried.