R-Class (W251) Produced 2006-2013: R320CDI, R350, R420CDI, R500

Third row lighting

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 11:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercdes R320CDI
Third row lighting

In the manual and advertising I was expecting that third row passengers could switch their own lights on/off, but I can't seem to find any switches back there. Was this an option or something? The only switch is above the front seat next to the SOS button that I can find.

Thanks
Andrew
Old 10-06-2008, 09:41 AM

2007 R-500
Originally Posted by cripps
In the manual and advertising I was expecting that third row passengers could switch their own lights on/off, but I can't seem to find any switches back there. Was this an option or something? The only switch is above the front seat next to the SOS button that I can find.

Thanks
Andrew
Andrew,

I have an 07 R500. I've never looked at the overhead area from the third row. However, I checked my manual. It says,

Switching third-row reading lamps* on
and off -

The switches for the third-row reading
lamps are located in the rear overhead
control panel.

It shows a picture of a plastic panel with two switches and a row of three lights. The outboardlights are described as reading lamps. The center light is described as the rear interior lamp. Further text says that the rear interior light is controlled using the switch in the front overhead control panel.

When all else fails, I call the MBUSA help number at (800) 367-6372.

JR
Old 11-03-2008, 11:02 PM

R500
Originally Posted by cripps

Thanks
Andrew
Just press the light to activate the switch.... but you probably figured that out by now.
Old 11-05-2008, 02:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 R350 & 2008 C300
There are no map/reading lights for the third row seating area. There is an over head light that houses a light and the rear back up sensor lights (if equipped) and can be turned on using the controls in the front row. There are also map/reading lights for the second row, they are located inside the O.S. handles and work by pressing on them.