Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 03:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
07 E63 06 CLK55 Cab 03 P-car C4S
slight buzzing while acclerearating

hi all,
i'm still noticing quite a bit of slight engine buzzing from 1500 rpm to about 3k rpm and wanted to get everyone's thoughts.
since we live in a quiet neighborhood, almost everything is obvious - something that is not obvious when i'm at the car dealership on broadway street in oakland.
the bottom line is that the MB dealer shop foremen drove the car and says there's a slight buzz, but it's not from the engine - rather it's from the drivetrain of the 4 wheel drive.
this could be true as there's no buzzing at all when the car is in Park and idling/revving.
does this sound right to you guys?
also, i DID NOT hear this on the GL550...is that because it's a differerent system?
Patrick
Old 07-15-2009, 07:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R350
I notice to have louder buzzing since the summer. It's more noticeable when A/C is on. Once I turn off the A/C, I hardly hear any Buzz. I only heard it when it's quiet and at low speed.

Originally Posted by bzliteyear
hi all,
i'm still noticing quite a bit of slight engine buzzing from 1500 rpm to about 3k rpm and wanted to get everyone's thoughts.
since we live in a quiet neighborhood, almost everything is obvious - something that is not obvious when i'm at the car dealership on broadway street in oakland.
the bottom line is that the MB dealer shop foremen drove the car and says there's a slight buzz, but it's not from the engine - rather it's from the drivetrain of the 4 wheel drive.
this could be true as there's no buzzing at all when the car is in Park and idling/revving.
does this sound right to you guys?
also, i DID NOT hear this on the GL550...is that because it's a differerent system?
Patrick
Old 07-16-2009, 07:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R350 4-matic
I have no buzz whatsoever at idle, accelerating or hard braking. I think there is something lose, but highly doubt it's the 4matic's problem. When I did have a buzzing, it was because I didn't torque down a screw enough after installing my GPS. Torqued it, and all was fine.

I would have 'em chase it down.