R-Class (W251) Produced 2006-2013: R320CDI, R350, R420CDI, R500

1st post and 1st MB

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 10:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
r320
1st post and 1st MB

I have been a long time BMW/MINI and Audi owner. I just bought a 07 r320 CPO. I am looking forward to receiving the car here in Denver, it should be about next week.

It is an alpine rain and tan R class with P2 package. This should be great for our expanding family. BMW did not offer anything that fit our needs and I dont like taking depreciation of the Audis new q7 TDI by buying a brand new one. I test drove a few Rs in Denver but decided on the alpine rain from Florida.

Next up wheels and possibly a chip to wake up that diesel.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:39 PM

Q & R
Originally Posted by dakar
I have been a long time BMW/MINI and Audi owner. I just bought a 07 r320 CPO. I am looking forward to receiving the car here in Denver, it should be about next week.

It is an alpine rain and tan R class with P2 package. This should be great for our expanding family. BMW did not offer anything that fit our needs and I dont like taking depreciation of the Audis new q7 TDI by buying a brand new one. I test drove a few Rs in Denver but decided on the alpine rain from Florida.

Next up wheels and possibly a chip to wake up that diesel.
The R is the second MB I have owned - and it is far better built than the first one (W163) although that was a great truck in itself, just not up to par with MB standards.

I bought my R from MB Littleton and had it shipped to TX, it was one of the few 09 P2 equipped cars left on the lots. I put 19 inch AMG wheels on it right away.

I have a gas q7 and am working out the math to trade up for a 2010 TDI when the balloon payment comes due next year. A lease or balloon loan would make sense for a diesel since you should be able to recover the premium for the TDI at lease end.
Old 09-11-2009, 12:02 PM

r320
where did you source the 19' amg wheels? I know the diesels came standard with 19" wheels in 2009. I would love to find an 09 diesel owner who wants to step up to other wheels so I can buy the 19"s from them. I think they are perfect size for my application in Denver.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:09 PM

Q & R
Originally Posted by dakar
where did you source the 19' amg wheels? I know the diesels came standard with 19" wheels in 2009. I would love to find an 09 diesel owner who wants to step up to other wheels so I can buy the 19"s from them. I think they are perfect size for my application in Denver.
I had to dig through my records. The wheels are like new take offs from an ML. I bought them from Park Place MB in Ft Worth Texas. They are ebay sellers, ppmftw. Do a search or contact them.

The Bluetecs come with 19s but they are the 08-09 Sport Package style wheels, not AMG. These are more readily available on Ebay.