R-Class (W251) Produced 2006-2013: R320CDI, R350, R420CDI, R500

R500 - how to get it louder?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 06:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R500 -06 & Corvette -98 Indy PC
R500 - how to get it louder?

I love my Corvette with Magnaflow exhaust - real difference to factory setup. I would like to get better sounds out of my R500 too. What are the options? I have tried to find some aftermarket exhaust system but haven't found any so far for R500, only exhaust tips. Is the R63 exhaust option at all? I wouldn't replace the whole exhaust, but maybe the rear mufflers, maybe something more to get better sound Has anyone done similar upgrades on their R500?
Old 02-09-2010, 12:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R KLASSE
Maybe broaden your search, If I'm not mistaken the R has the same exhaust with exception to the actual tips as the ML & the GL Class. I'm sure what works for those vehicle which are vastly more popular and larger aftermarket than the non-existent aftermarket for the R would easily fit on the R-Class. Otherwise I'm sure an exhaust shop could make you a nice system that would sound good and weld your OEM tips to the job to keep it stealthy and OEM looking.

Trying to find OEM R63 exhausts or used is going to be like finding a needle in a hay stack. If I had excess funds to play with, Id be lying if I said I didn't think about buying the R63 rear quad exhaust & mufflers and rear diffuser for my R350. A few of the guys on this forum in the W204 section have installed a C63 OEM exhaust on their C350/C300 and It sounds awesome for a V6, it would probably sound sublime on an R500