Journaling my first R-class purchase

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 12:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
07 E63 06 CLK55 Cab 03 P-car C4S
Originally Posted by faMBlyguy
Just drove home in my "new" 2006 R350. Came with everything I wanted and then some: comfort package, Pano roof, Nav, power liftgate, Harmon Kardon sound, multi-disc CD changer, MP3 jack, 18" wheels, air suspension package (i.e., comfort/sport modes), single owner, clean Carfax. Now for the good news:
  • 17,000 miles
  • $21,699 (including dealer fees, but not including taxes)

This was a much better deal than I was expecting. I am stoked right now! 17k miles? I'm still having a hard time believing that odometer reading.

My wife found it at the Lexus dealer in Manhattan of all places. They actually had it listed for $23,900, which was right where we wanted the price to be. As I mentioned above, the car has everything we want and more, but my wife still had the nerve to talk them down.

There are some flaws, of course. Like the color is desert silver metallic - I'm not a fan. And the trunk carpet is speckled with these turquoise stains, like Diva Plavalaguna bled all over it. But when I look at this car I don't notice any of that. We and our kids are going to be comfortable and happy in this thing for years. I'm one happy camper!

Hopefully I can begin to contribute to other R-class discussions on this board!
congrats on R...be sure get extended warranty ASAP...great car, but not a good car to own w/o warranty

Patrick