R-Class (W251) Produced 2006-2013: R320CDI, R350, R420CDI, R500

How do I get the dealer to fix my power hatch?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 10:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R KLASSE
How do I get the dealer to fix my power hatch?

I had my R in for warranty work recently to fix the rough 2-1 downshift at low speeds. While it was there I mentioned to our SA that our hatch was acting funny. Sometimes it would just grunt and make noise but not actually open. Supposedly our SA indicated they tweaked something? But on my paperwork it reads under the hatch "Could not duplicate customers concern" fair, as it is an intermittent issue. Well now just recently it started a new thing. When you hit open instead of opening it tries to close itself by sucking in? Again this is a intermittent problem, I cant make it do it on cue but would like it fixed. Any ideas on how to get MB do do something about it?
Old 03-09-2010, 10:29 PM

2005 C230 Kompressor
Might want to look at the hatch seal. Theres a safetly feature built into the seal that prevents the hatch from closing on something, the corners sometimes touch the body or something else so look at were the seal starts and stops and see if its directly against something.
Old 03-10-2010, 02:44 AM

R350
They probably just "lube" the rubber seals around the hatch. When the seals dry out, it tends to stick with the paint on the hatch. Your SA should tell you what kind of "lube" to use. I forget the name of it.