R-Class (W251) Produced 2006-2013: R320CDI, R350, R420CDI, R500

Headlight assembly

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 04:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wife has an R350
Headlight assembly

My wife's 06 R350 has been having some intermittent headlight problems, while at the dealer today the mechanic said it was because the clip that retains the bulb in the housing was missing. The catch was that he told me they had to order the entire housing to get the clip as it wasn't available to just order the clip solo. Anyone have a similar issue they've fixed or know of a way to order just the part i need. Anyone upgrade their headlight and have a spare clip laying around?
Old 05-03-2010, 06:04 PM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
08 R350, 07 Acura RL, 1989 Honda Shadow VLX600 (10K miles)
Originally Posted by Nadeaux
My wife's 06 R350 has been having some intermittent headlight problems, while at the dealer today the mechanic said it was because the clip that retains the bulb in the housing was missing. The catch was that he told me they had to order the entire housing to get the clip as it wasn't available to just order the clip solo. Anyone have a similar issue they've fixed or know of a way to order just the part i need. Anyone upgrade their headlight and have a spare clip laying around?
The clip probably loose and fell out somewhere at the bottom housing. I had replaced mine with MTEC HID that came with clip but I left the OEM clip on wire harness. (Just in case I have to go back OEM bulb),
Old 05-07-2010, 02:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R350
I had both of my head light replaced under warranty due to some kind of stain developed on top of the projection lens. If your car is under warranty, I would recommend just let the dealer replace the whole assembly.
Old 05-07-2010, 04:47 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2011 C300 4matic, 2015 Porsche Macan S, 2006 R500 (sold)
Originally Posted by Nadeaux
Ebay or junk yard?