Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 09:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
07 E63 06 CLK55 Cab 03 P-car C4S
iPad install?

Hi guys,
We currently have portable duo DVDs that are strapped to the front headrests for the 2 kids in the rear seats. With ski season coming up, I'm wondering about the pros/cons of converting to iPad. Obviously the screen will be larger and nicer/brighter and it won't need cig adaptor, but there will only be ONE on one headrest. Anyone have thoughts on this?
PL
Old 10-26-2010, 09:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R350 | X1 | Cayenne
Originally Posted by bzliteyear
Hi guys,
We currently have portable duo DVDs that are strapped to the front headrests for the 2 kids in the rear seats. With ski season coming up, I'm wondering about the pros/cons of converting to iPad. Obviously the screen will be larger and nicer/brighter and it won't need cig adaptor, but there will only be ONE on one headrest. Anyone have thoughts on this?
PL
I'm in the same boat as you. I can't wait to get the Ipad integration on my R Class. There is a prototype out already for such integration. It supposedly charges your Ipad while mounted and you could have its audio streamed on the car's sound system. I just wonder if this whole integration can make the other iPad work like a slave to the other - the same way that the 2 screen DVD system works now.

Unfortunately, you might have to get 2 Ipads so that both passengers on the rear has his or her screen. Nonetheless, it's still money well spent than the $2000 DVD rear entertainment system.
Old 11-09-2010, 11:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
if you search, i wrote something in the ml/gl section on the ipads... limited use for multimedia