R-Class (W251) Produced 2006-2013: R320CDI, R350, R420CDI, R500

Having a problem with front windows going up/down?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 10:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R KLASSE
Having a problem with front windows going up/down?

So ever since we've had our car (Got it last Jan CPO w/25K miles) I have had a laundry list of issues, some minor some major. Anyway, the latest is this issue with the front driver & pass glass. Basically since we've had the car my driverside door glass would roll up very slow.

I passed it off for a while because I just wasn't sure if it was normal for the car or not, well 20K miles later my driverside door glass quit altogether. I took it in and the dealer replaced the motor under warranty. Well, I've had my car fixed for about a week now and the same glass is moving very slow on the up cycle again, in fact this past week I went to put the window up at the Starbucks drive-thru and the glass started going up slow, then got to the 1/2 way point and went back down.

It did go back up but is going very slow again, also my passenger glass is now starting to go up slow too now. I took it in to the dealer on Saturday and they are completely snowed. IMO I think it might be the weatherstrip or run channel the glass slide up and down in but I don't know for sure. Does anyone else have this problem?

Also I'm having a problem with my rear hatch again, sometimes it doesn't open when I hit the release, it just makes noise (a chime) and the sound of the hydraulic motor going but it won't release the rear hatch. Also sometimes the hatch will release and start to open a few inches then close. I have had almost every component replaced on this hatch and it's still goofy. So far they have tried to re-align the hatch, then adjust the latch/ striker, then they replaced a wiring harness. It worked great for about two months and now I'm back to the sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Any help or similar experience greatly appreciated in advance. My dealer is super nice but I know they are sick of seeing my R. The good thing is I've definitely gotten my moneys worth of the CPO warranty.

-Ryan
Old 01-29-2011, 07:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R350 4-matic
most likely it's something is hanging up against the glass. My wife's BMW did the same thing for the longest time. It took forever to find the problem, but eventually they traced it down to the actuator/channel that grabs the window as it goes up. Or something like that it's been forever since it happened.