Check Engine 45NOX

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 03:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 R-350
Check Engine 45NOX

Hi All,

Just completed Oil Change & Air Filter change on my 2008 r350. (service C) Drove it about 20 miles, no issues. Filled up with 93 octane and put in a bottle of Lucas injector cleaner and drove another 20 miles, no problems.

Pulled into the garage just now and check engine light came on. Dug into the service area of the instrument display (where you go to reset service reminder) and there is a highlighted message that reads 45NOX.

Any idea what this means? Engine could not be running smoother. I'm due for in inspection this week and if this is emissions related I'll fail. NY requires all codes be cleared for a certain period of time before they will pass it.

Any info is appreciated.

Steve

Old 01-30-2011, 10:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R KLASSE
Originally Posted by nazmania
Hi All,

Just completed Oil Change & Air Filter change on my 2008 r350. (service C) Drove it about 20 miles, no issues. Filled up with 93 octane and put in a bottle of Lucas injector cleaner and drove another 20 miles, no problems.

Pulled into the garage just now and check engine light came on. Dug into the service area of the instrument display (where you go to reset service reminder) and there is a highlighted message that reads 45NOX.

Any idea what this means? Engine could not be running smoother. I'm due for in inspection this week and if this is emissions related I'll fail. NY requires all codes be cleared for a certain period of time before they will pass it.

Any info is appreciated.

Steve

I don't know if this helps, but a friend of mine who is an MBtech warned us that our cars and also ML's and I believe any other MB with the 3.5 V6 may have a problem with the converters or oxygen sensors at some point. I remember MB sending us a letter in the mail saying something about extending our warranty for the converter or oxygen sensors up to 100K miles because of some known problem. Unfotunately I don't know what/ where I did with it as I plan to be out of my R this year God willing....... I don't know If your converters were bad the exhaust would smell like rotten eggs though.

Last edited by R KLASSE; 01-30-2011 at 10:43 PM.