Question / help requested - rear seat entertainment versions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 01:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
r-class
Question / help requested - rear seat entertainment versions

Hi,
Great forum, glad to be here. I was hoping you guys could give me a hand. I just picked up on lease one of the last 2012 R's. The car I finally selected from one of my local dealers had to be trucked in. When I got his final quote, I was in the process of countering, and he told me that it turned out he'd need to raise his price. This was because the original spec sheet on the car showed only the "pre-wiring" option, costing about $300, for the rear entertainment system. However, the car actually had a $1900 system installed, and thus he'd need to charge me more. This being my first MB, I assumed I'd be getting the system described in the 2012 catalog, which can be seen here on eBay (unfortunately the R is now gone from the MBUSA.com site):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mercedes-Ben...item1e6f66aeb5

Sure enough, when I picked up the car, there was an entertainment system in the car that was not identical to this. It looked cheaper, and in fact I'd seen it in a used R the dealer was trying to sell me. I took a few pics I attached. Not only did I tell the dealer that this is not the system I was expected, but the dealer cannot find the 2 wireless headphones described in my 2012 R manual that should be in the system (also in the Ebay listing).

My suspsicion is the dealer from whom my dealer got this car installed some older, cheaper system, and my dealer is trying to pawn this off on me as "the" entertainment system that is in the ebay listing and my 2012 manual. He's claiming amazingly that I have the true, proper rear seat entertainment system available for the R. I'm 100% certain this is not true, and the one in the ebay listing is the one I should be getting for that price. The dealer agreed to swap out the system I have with this proper system, if I can show him that I got the wrong system. So I'm trying to come up with some credible info to prove this basically. Unfortunately I have not been able to locate clear info online describing the differences between two systems, which I'd like to use.

I did see an article here...

http://www.benzblogger.com/2008/03/m...-for-2009.html

...which seems to show the old system I have, and discuss the newer system I should have. The newer system as far as I can tell also has a part number B67827052.

Could anybody please provide me info on this older system, how much it costs, is it indeed an OEM MB product, and also confirmation that the system from the ebay listing is the one I should be getting as the $1900 "Rear seat entertainment system" as an option on a 2012 R-class?

Thanks very much for your time and help in responding to this.
Attached Thumbnails Question / help requested - rear seat entertainment versions-photo-1.jpg   Question / help requested - rear seat entertainment versions-photo-2.jpg