R-Class (W251) Produced 2006-2013: R320CDI, R350, R420CDI, R500

Any idea what this is?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2013 | 08:49 PM

BMW 340i xDrive 2018 MMPSK silver , Cadillac XT5 2018 silver, 09 R320 BT
Any idea what this is?

Hello All,

Just had my wife's 2009 R320 BT in for service. They found an issue once again affecting the Bluetech and causing a CEL. Also, they found an oil leak at the motor and they supposedly fixed that too. My tab was $720 which included service C and they charged me $102 dollars for this part which they say was not covered by the extended warranty. Does anyone know if the Canadian MB extended warranty really not cover this thing?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails Any idea what this is?-papadopoulos.jpg  
Old 03-16-2013 | 01:01 PM

2005 C240 2011 R350
your service invoice should be very clear on what part that is.. since you paid for it.
I just changed my accessory belt... and took a look.. Its your prositive crankcase ventilation valve...PCV.
It is on the right rear valve cover.. .You wont see it unless you remove the engine cover

Where do you go for service? You have to learn to really push hard... or else they will rob you blind.
There where things that where not working from purchase that I had to fight to repair free of charge.

I got my CPO 2008 cdi at silverstar and take it there for service.. I am less than happy...
I could report hundreds if not thousands of dollars of unneeded parts replacement under warranty. But that is MB problem

Last edited by efzauner; 03-16-2013 at 02:21 PM.
Old 03-16-2013 | 03:01 PM

BMW 340i xDrive 2018 MMPSK silver , Cadillac XT5 2018 silver, 09 R320 BT
Originally Posted by efzauner
your service invoice should be very clear on what part that is.. since you paid for it.
I just changed my accessory belt... and took a look.. Its your prositive crankcase ventilation valve...PCV.
It is on the right rear valve cover.. .You wont see it unless you remove the engine cover

Where do you go for service? You have to learn to really push hard... or else they will rob you blind.
There where things that where not working from purchase that I had to fight to repair free of charge.

I got my CPO 2008 cdi at silverstar and take it there for service.. I am less than happy...
I could report hundreds if not thousands of dollars of unneeded parts replacement under warranty. But that is MB problem
I bought the car from West-Island MB. I tried out MB Laval for service and was NOT impressed at all. I must say the level of svc at West-Island MB is superior. Silver Star even charges you for a loaner. I would NEVER go there.

Cheers
Old 03-17-2013 | 09:33 AM

2005 C240 2011 R350
Originally Posted by taranch
I bought the car from West-Island MB. I tried out MB Laval for service and was NOT impressed at all. I must say the level of svc at West-Island MB is superior. Silver Star even charges you for a loaner. I would NEVER go there.

Cheers

Well I took my C240 in for warranty service to WI MB.. it was the last day under warranty... so I did not complain.. but they charged me $200 for "retorquing exaust bracket bolts" that supposedly caused rough cold running. So I was NOT impressed with them either
As for the loaner.. yes they charge $20 for the loaner.. no matter how long you have it.. I have had loaners for a week or more.. Total 27 days in service in 9 months

Maybe I will try WI MB again...