R-Class (W251) Produced 2006-2013: R320CDI, R350, R420CDI, R500

R is for Retirement Vehicle ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2017, 09:45 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
S320 GL350
R is for Retirement Vehicle ?

Well after 9 years with an R class my wife and I have decided to go with another one in our retirement years since it does everything we would ever need it to do - can't beat the ability to haul the dog, children's furniture when they move out, big items we purchase, the outlaws and their children when they arrive at the airport (all 5 of them), or my daughter and her stagette of 5 friends. I'm looking forward to babying the next one and not putting on a lot of miles. I'm also looking forward to the move to diesel with the possibility of a trailer hitch and light duty/utility only towing.

Yes I know all about the weak points. My current R pano roof no longer opens without grinding (a fix it later/never just don't open it solution) and one of the Rear Air shock sensors claims the car is too low when it's loaded up heavily (another fix it later/replace that expensive air shock for the third time maybe and how about that airmatic pump solution).

Anyone else choosing another R class ??
Old 08-03-2017, 11:36 AM

Received 50 Likes on 49 Posts
2005 C240 2011 R350
This is my second.. I got a 2008 DCI in 2011 and kept it 4 years... got a great deal on a used 2011 with 40Kkm on it... lovely car.. I will probably keep it another 3-4 years depending on mileage. sadly by that time it any R will be over 7-8 years old.. Its a great car... more room than a SUV... people are so finicky