R-Class (W251) Produced 2006-2013: R320CDI, R350, R420CDI, R500

R350 Factory Rear Entertainment System

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2017, 11:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 R350 4Matic
R350 Factory Rear Entertainment System

Great forum, pleased to be apart of the community here now! I've just purchased a 2011 R350 last week, very beautiful car under 40000mi. I'm looking to install the factory rear entertainment system in the vehicle and was lucky enough to find a kit online on ebay, be that as it may this kit is not exactly for an r350 I believe it's for a GL, the monitors and mounts are the same but the bracket that holds the dvd splitter is diffrent. I have scoured the Internet and no one has any info on this at all...where does the dvd splitter go in the R350? Is it even necessary? Will it play from the comand unit up front? My vehicle has the 866 code so I know it's prewired...Yes I know I could go aftermarket but the car is too nice and really would look nice with the factory system. Any help/pics would be greatly appreciated, when I'm finished I plan to do a whole write up on this for other. This is identical to the kit I purchased.
https://m.ebay.com/itm/Mercedes-Benz...7CModel%3AR350
​​​​
Old 10-21-2017, 07:17 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2013 R350
Very interesting. I would love to see your install after. I am pretty sure the dvd up front can play and send the video to the back. Would someone with res confrim for us?

Originally Posted by Mpolarisf
Great forum, pleased to be apart of the community here now! I've just purchased a 2011 R350 last week, very beautiful car under 40000mi. I'm looking to install the factory rear entertainment system in the vehicle and was lucky enough to find a kit online on ebay, be that as it may this kit is not exactly for an r350 I believe it's for a GL, the monitors and mounts are the same but the bracket that holds the dvd splitter is diffrent. I have scoured the Internet and no one has any info on this at all...where does the dvd splitter go in the R350? Is it even necessary? Will it play from the comand unit up front? My vehicle has the 866 code so I know it's prewired...Yes I know I could go aftermarket but the car is too nice and really would look nice with the factory system. Any help/pics would be greatly appreciated, when I'm finished I plan to do a whole write up on this for other. This is identical to the kit I purchased.
https://m.ebay.com/itm/Mercedes-Benz...7CModel%3AR350
Old 10-22-2017, 03:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 R350 4Matic
Working on it still, supposedly I need to take it to the dealer to have the system recoded,it will not play any dvds at the moment and also won't pick up from comand in the front. The dvd drive is supposed to go in the center console up front. You need to change the storage box for it to work properly. I have not found a donor vehicle yet so i cut a hole in the current storage box ran the wires and put the dvd drive in the hole for now until I can locate the proper parts. Can't wait to see the look on the dealers face when they see it, hahaha. The monitors were installed perfectly. Can't say that I was excited about cutting into the seat though.
Old 10-23-2017, 04:10 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2013 R350
Yes, cutting into the car is always a bit worrisome. But sound like you did a good job on it. Good luck at the dealership. if you have a good relationship with them they should be able to get it program for you. Post some picture when you can.

Originally Posted by Mpolarisf
Working on it still, supposedly I need to take it to the dealer to have the system recoded,it will not play any dvds at the moment and also won't pick up from comand in the front. The dvd drive is supposed to go in the center console up front. You need to change the storage box for it to work properly. I have not found a donor vehicle yet so i cut a hole in the current storage box ran the wires and put the dvd drive in the hole for now until I can locate the proper parts. Can't wait to see the look on the dealers face when they see it, hahaha. The monitors were installed perfectly. Can't say that I was excited about cutting into the seat though.