Satellite Radio Tuner Location

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2017, 01:44 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2008 R350
Satellite Radio Tuner Location

Hi,

Does anyone know where the Sirius radio tuner location is? I am getting a device unavailable message and no sound from my speakers. I would like to unplug/reset it.

Thansk
Old 12-22-2017, 04:13 PM

2018 E400 Coupe
Pulled out the trim in the trunk today and examined the two modules in the equipment tray at forward section of trunk. They are the Telematics Control Computer and the Keyless Go module. MB service manual says that's supposed to be the location for the satellite radio module, SDAR. I can see some other equipment that appears to be on the other side of the forward trunk wall. I think it may be under the back seat. I guess that will be my next adventure. If I can find it I plan to put a loop on the fiber optic line going in and then cancel my Sirius subscription. Hopefully all of my audio will work with the SDAR bypassed.
Old 01-23-2018, 11:18 PM

2008 R350
Originally Posted by giannatj
Pulled out the trim in the trunk today and examined the two modules in the equipment tray at forward section of trunk. They are the Telematics Control Computer and the Keyless Go module. MB service manual says that's supposed to be the location for the satellite radio module, SDAR. I can see some other equipment that appears to be on the other side of the forward trunk wall. I think it may be under the back seat. I guess that will be my next adventure. If I can find it I plan to put a loop on the fiber optic line going in and then cancel my Sirius subscription. Hopefully all of my audio will work with the SDAR bypassed.
Thanks for your response. How did you get to the satellite receiver? Did you remove the carpet starting behind the third row seat or some other way?