R500 4 corner Air Suspension Ride Height adjustment

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2018, 04:43 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
R500
R500 4 corner Air Suspension Ride Height adjustment

Hi there,

I have changed two air springs recently and attempted to adjust the ride height with initial setup on DAS to lower the car slightly (around 1 inch). Unfortunately, the settings were rejected and since then I have the infamous Visit Workshop while I also lost the ADS controls - including the higher level option. Since then I tried with various heights and inclination angles with no luck to feed to the ECU. The voltage is within 2.2-3V. As a test, once I even adjusted the voltage on every each of them within 0.2V tolerance but still not accepted... Everything tested, no leaks, compressor is good.

Could someone help me with the OEM ride height settings (height as well as inclination)?
As this is my first ride height adjustment/lowering attempt any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks!
Old 05-25-2018, 08:48 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
R500
For the record, there is an option where you can import the old values and flash it to the "new" computer. This did the trick, I read the values and re-fed them - to the same ECU - as they came from an another one. The error code 5502 became stored only - therfore could be deleted - , airmatic is fully functional without the annoying visit workshop and car is in perfect level - after I did automatic adjustment.
Old 05-28-2018, 11:40 AM

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
06 SLK55 AMG, 12 R350
I have a C3 Mux but am not savvy enough with it to help diagnose what your issue is. Besides myself, I don't think anyone else on the R class forum has one. Maybe post the same question on an E or C class thread where you'd have a higher chance of finding someone who has an answer. Sorry I cant be more help. Sounds like you have a nicely equipped R.

Please post once you've found the answer tho...
Old 03-04-2021, 05:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R320
What is your inclination angle, voltage and ride hight?
Old 03-08-2021, 11:37 AM

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
GLS63 AMG
I have a C4 and haven't had any issues with adjusting ride height, I've had it tell me the values were not in range but I've never had it give me trouble codes afterwards. I assume you have the inclination set with the range DAS specifies as well, hopefully nothing was damaged.