transmission problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2019, 01:33 PM
9ck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
r350
transmission problems

my 2007 mercedes r350 won't shift into 2nd gear. check engine light is on. can't drive it to get a diagnostic check. can drive in 1st gear only. does a rough shift from park to drive.
Old 05-26-2019, 09:19 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
2015 Cadilac Escalade ESV, 2010 MB R350 Diesel
Sounds like it is in "limp in mode". Unless you are able to scan the computer yourself to check which code is set, you will need to get it towed to a repair facility.
Old 05-27-2019, 08:00 AM
9ck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
r350
My research shows that in limp mode, the vehicle will jump into 3rd gear and stay there. Mine is stuck in first.. And that only these Mercedes models have limp mode:
  • Mercedes C-class cars
  • Mercedes A-class cars
  • Mercedes ML-class cars
  • Mercedes Sprinter vans
Mine is a R class. I have been having some electrical issues for some time. I read that if there are electrical problems, it could not be sending the correct amount of fluid to the transmission. I have replaced the fuse for my cigarette lighter since I remembered that I dropped a metal vape into it and it created sparks. I noticed at that time that the terminal 30x relay is missing, which my research shows that it is directly connected to the battery, hopefully the root of my power issues. Any help is appreciated.
Old 05-28-2019, 09:39 AM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
2015 Audi S4, 1982 Fiat Spyder, 2010 R350, 2013 E550 Cabriolet
Don't forget that the R class shares most of the running gear from the ML.

Originally Posted by 9ck
My research shows that in limp mode, the vehicle will jump into 3rd gear and stay there. Mine is stuck in first.. And that only these Mercedes models have limp mode:
  • Mercedes C-class cars
  • Mercedes A-class cars
  • Mercedes ML-class cars
  • Mercedes Sprinter vans
Mine is a R class. I have been having some electrical issues for some time. I read that if there are electrical problems, it could not be sending the correct amount of fluid to the transmission. I have replaced the fuse for my cigarette lighter since I remembered that I dropped a metal vape into it and it created sparks. I noticed at that time that the terminal 30x relay is missing, which my research shows that it is directly connected to the battery, hopefully the root of my power issues. Any help is appreciated.