R-Class (W251) Produced 2006-2013: R320CDI, R350, R420CDI, R500

2006 R500 no audio

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2020, 09:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 Mercedes R500 w251
2006 R500 no audio

Question for all. I have a 2006 R500. I have the common no audio problem. It is the HK fiber optic system. I bought fiber optic loops to diagnose. I started at the comand unit in the dash. After pulling it out I disconnected the f.o. connector and turned the unit on. I had no flashing light from the f.o. outputs. Is that a sign of a bad head unit? Also the f.o. connector i unplugged also had no light flashing. In some of the troubleshooting videos ive watched for troubleshooting the system. I saw light from both the connector and the unit if the device was ok. Is there a possibility the audio gateway could be suspect as well? Also, the head unit when on doesnt show the cd changer, nav, or sat when on. Thank you for any input. My wife is going nuts without music.
Old 08-07-2020, 05:37 AM

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
Mercedes R320L CDI 4MATIC 2007
Originally Posted by Jason Williams
Question for all. I have a 2006 R500. I have the common no audio problem. It is the HK fiber optic system. I bought fiber optic loops to diagnose. I started at the comand unit in the dash. After pulling it out I disconnected the f.o. connector and turned the unit on. I had no flashing light from the f.o. outputs. Is that a sign of a bad head unit? Also the f.o. connector i unplugged also had no light flashing. In some of the troubleshooting videos ive watched for troubleshooting the system. I saw light from both the connector and the unit if the device was ok. Is there a possibility the audio gateway could be suspect as well? Also, the head unit when on doesnt show the cd changer, nav, or sat when on. Thank you for any input. My wife is going nuts without music.

Just get android audio system. There are stereos specifically for r class dash. You wont regret