too cold!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2021, 05:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R class 350 CDI (1st gen)
too cold!!

Dear all,

I often find the cabin temperature in my 2010 R Class too low with cool air blowing from the vents, even in winter! I need to turn the knobs to maximum to have warm air blowing. I used to drive a Lexus RX300 before the R Class and once the temperature was set (to 23C) , I never had to adjust the settings. With the R Class, I frequently have to manually amend the temperature setting despite selecting the auto climate control. Strangely, the air blowing from the rear vents is often warmer, although the car is not equipped with independent rear climate control. Is this the sign of a problem to address? What could be the problem?

Many thanks for your answers.
Old 06-21-2021, 10:19 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
None
Sounds like one of your interior temperature sensors is out of whack. Could use a good cleaning or possibly replacement.
Im not sure where it is exactly but check for small vents/slits on the COMAND console and possibly the console where the reading lights are up on the headliner.
Old 06-23-2021, 06:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R class 350 CDI (1st gen)
Thanks for the tip, Odious, I'll go in with the hoover. I think it is placed on the console where the rear mirror is located. How do you check if the sensor needs replacing?
Cheers.
Old 06-23-2021, 06:34 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
None
I actually have no idea.
Normally one would test it with a multimeter against a known working sensor or known values on what it supposed to read at certain temps.
In the absence of another sensor or those specs all you can do is clean it and (if that doesn't work) replace it to eliminate it as the cause of the problem.