R-Class (W251) Produced 2006-2013: R320CDI, R350, R420CDI, R500

R320 Bouncy Rear

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2021, 01:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R320 CDi Sport
R320 Bouncy Rear

Hi, I am completely new to the R-Class world, just bought my first a few days ago, was looking to figure out a few things

1. The rear seems to bounce (not erratically) when going over bumps, seems to continue to move up and down for a short while, is this a know fault such as the accumulators?
2. Styling, are there any styling accessories availsble that anyone here has links to, boot spoiler etc
3. The air suspension travels upward ok but to get it to g back down I have to hold the button in place, is this correct?

Thanks in advance
Old 07-30-2021, 10:14 PM

Received 95 Likes on 88 Posts
2006 R500
Originally Posted by usernamehere
Hi, I am completely new to the R-Class world, just bought my first a few days ago, was looking to figure out a few things

1. The rear seems to bounce (not erratically) when going over bumps, seems to continue to move up and down for a short while, is this a know fault such as the accumulators?
2. Styling, are there any styling accessories availsble that anyone here has links to, boot spoiler etc
3. The air suspension travels upward ok but to get it to g back down I have to hold the button in place, is this correct?

Thanks in advance
Do you have the 4 corner Airmatic with ADS system? Based on what you have posted it sounds like a yes.

The button with the vehicle and up arrow will raise the car by a few inches when pressed and below 25 mph. Press again to lower back to normal height. No need to hold.

The button with the picture of the shock and Sport and Comf labels has three settings. You are likely in the Comf setting, which gives the car a boat-like feel. I find the ride most comfortable in the Automatic setting (no lights on in the button). Sport firms up the shocks and is nice for a little bit of canyon carving during a road trip.
Old 07-31-2021, 04:55 AM

R320 CDi Sport
Originally Posted by Tsumi
Do you have the 4 corner Airmatic with ADS system? Based on what you have posted it sounds like a yes.

The button with the vehicle and up arrow will raise the car by a few inches when pressed and below 25 mph. Press again to lower back to normal height. No need to hold.

The button with the picture of the shock and Sport and Comf labels has three settings. You are likely in the Comf setting, which gives the car a boat-like feel. I find the ride most comfortable in the Automatic setting (no lights on in the button). Sport firms up the shocks and is nice for a little bit of canyon carving during a road trip.
Hi and thanks, how do I check to make sure I have the ADS system?
Old 07-31-2021, 09:32 AM

2006 R500
Originally Posted by usernamehere
Hi and thanks, how do I check to make sure I have the ADS system?
If you have the two buttons I talked about above, you have ADS. If not, you don't.
Old 07-31-2021, 12:11 PM

R320 CDi Sport
Yeah sure does, so it is more than likely the accumulators need replaced if it is very boaty. Cheers
Old 07-31-2021, 12:31 PM

2006 R500
Make sure you are not in comfort mode.
Old 08-01-2021, 02:58 PM

R320 CDi Sport
Originally Posted by Tsumi
Make sure you are not in comfort mode.
Must check over next few days