Acceleration issue with 2013 R350

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2021, 11:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 Mercedes R350
Question Acceleration issue with 2013 R350

Dear friends,

I am in dire need of your help. I purchased the R350 used when it had 113,000 kms and now it is at 185k and it has not been a pleasant experience in the past few 4 years. I've done lots of repairs on the car (I'll save you from the headache but can share them with you if interested).

Here is my current issue which I am not sure what may be the cause. Soon after the car is started and we drive, when we come to a stop, at certain times, you can really feel the vehicle down shifting to a lower gear. You can actually feel the car jolt back and forth as it changes to a lower gear. This doesn't happen all the time but it has been more frequent now. Once that happens, when you begin to move and press the pedal to the metal, the car will begin accelerating VERY slowly. I mean very slowly. It is so noticeable. If I were to park the car and turn it off, it will resolve the issue but it would only be a matter of time when it will come back again. Engine lights don't always turn on when this happens but it does at times and turns off. I have an ODB reader (not sure how accurate it may be) but it has given me the following codes: P0171, P24AF and P20EE.

I am really hoping someone would be able to direct me or guide me. Not sure if anyone else has had this problem and what may have been the solution to fix it. I have lost confidence in MB dealer service and the other mechanic I took it too, when he did the transmission fluid change, it seemed to have fixed the issue but now it is back.

Please HELP!