R-Class (W251) Produced 2006-2013: R320CDI, R350, R420CDI, R500

2006 R500 PCV Valve replacement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2022, 01:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 R500
2006 R500 PCV Valve replacement

My 2006 R500 just threw a pcv valve code. the part looks like a simple replacement as they are on most Japanese cars.. I’ve been looking through the forum and interweave but haven’t found a picture or location for it? I’m assuming it’s not on the topside of the motor.

Many thanks in advance

Old 02-20-2022, 11:08 PM

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts
CLS55AMG
Originally Posted by chokugin_boi
My 2006 R500 just threw a pcv valve code. the part looks like a simple replacement as they are on most Japanese cars.. I’ve been looking through the forum and interweave but haven’t found a picture or location for it? I’m assuming it’s not on the topside of the motor.

Many thanks in advance
Hello, I found this over on BenzWorld forums:

Breather System
Evacuation of blow by gases is necessary to prevent an otherwise sealed valve cover system from losing oil. The M113 / M112 engines do not use PCV check valves to reduce crankcase gas pressure. Instead, there is a two level evacuation system for the crankcase and the valve covers. A small diameter hose extends from each breather cover via a barb with a 1.5 mm diameter center hole and connects to a common tee at the aft section of the intake manifold. The connecting tee has a down section that sits in front of the throttle plate and sees intake manifold pressure. This small hose system allows intake vacuum to be applied to the breather covers at idle speed. On the driver’s side, a single larger diameter hose connects to a full diameter barb on the breather cover to the MAF body after the sensor. This larger system allows a vacuum at higher engine speeds to be applied to both of the valve covers and crankcase via the timing chain cover. The breather cover on the driver’s side is longer to separate entrained additional oil from crankcase gases before being sucked into the air intake. For this reason, the driver side breather cover also has 3 oil drain ports to help minimize oil consumption at the intake. Another benefit of a properly working breather system is that formation of engine oil sludge can be reduced by evacuating water vapor from the engine crankcase. Conversely, an engine with sludge buildup can clog the drain ports on the driver's side and result in excessive engine oil consumption. These are simple systems that need to be periodically maintained to keep your engine in working order. Replacement of the breather hoses is a wise and inexpensive investment for your car engine.

FCPEURO.COM link for hoses.
https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/mer...3-oem-m112bcvr

I also have an 06 R500. Though I have not had to do this yet nor had a code. I have 162k miles.