Long Cranking in the morning

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2022, 06:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 R350L CDI & 2006 ML350
Long Cranking in the morning

Hello, Mercedes gurus!

i’m kind of having problems with my MB R350 CDI.

Last winter my car would start right up when you turned the key, maybe 2-3 cranks and it started.

Approximately a month a go, I was driving down the road, when the car started to rattle and then turned off, I could turn it on again and drive for 100m but then it shut down and I couldn’t start it up anymore.
Dash was showing Range of 50km left, so I though that tank wasnt empty - but my dad came with his diesel can and filled 20L, and then after 10-15 second cranking car started up and ran ok after that.
I scanned the codes immediately when car turned off and it showed these codes:
11B600 - The minimum rail pressure was dropped below/ not reached
11B800 - The control deviation during rail pressure
regulation via the quantity control valve is too high
11B900 - The control deviation during rail pressure
11BB00 - The rail pressure is too low during regulation via the quantity control valve
11BE00 - The control deviation during rail pressure
regulation via the pressure regulator valve is too high
11C000 - The rail pressure is too low during regulation via the pressure regulator valve

when I refilled the fuel, and started the car, i deleted the codes and they haven’t come back

BUT since this incident - my car has been running fine except one thing - when I start it for the first time in the day, it cranks exceptionally long - for 7-8 sec. After that you have started it once, other times in the day it starts immediately- 1-2 cranks.

what to do? How to diagnose the culprit?
could it be fuel pressure regulator?
Old 02-11-2023, 08:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R300CDI
Same problem

Originally Posted by R350Long
Hello, Mercedes gurus!

i’m kind of having problems with my MB R350 CDI.

Last winter my car would start right up when you turned the key, maybe 2-3 cranks and it started.

Approximately a month a go, I was driving down the road, when the car started to rattle and then turned off, I could turn it on again and drive for 100m but then it shut down and I couldn’t start it up anymore.
Dash was showing Range of 50km left, so I though that tank wasnt empty - but my dad came with his diesel can and filled 20L, and then after 10-15 second cranking car started up and ran ok after that.
I scanned the codes immediately when car turned off and it showed these codes:
11B600 - The minimum rail pressure was dropped below/ not reached
11B800 - The control deviation during rail pressure
11B900 - The control deviation during rail pressure
11BB00 - The rail pressure is too low during regulation via the quantity control valve
11BE00 - The control deviation during rail pressure
regulation via the pressure regulator valve is too high
11C000 - The rail pressure is too low during regulation via the pressure regulator valve

when I refilled the fuel, and started the car, i deleted the codes and they haven’t come back

BUT since this incident - my car has been running fine except one thing - when I start it for the first time in the day, it cranks exceptionally long - for 7-8 sec. After that you have started it once, other times in the day it starts immediately- 1-2 cranks.

what to do? How to diagnose the culprit?
could it be fuel pressure regulator?
I have the long cranking problem, but without the problems preceding it that you had. It came on suddenly without codes.

Did you ever figure out what was causing it?