R-Class (W251) Produced 2006-2013: R320CDI, R350, R420CDI, R500

RClass 350 Diesel brake booster expérience

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2022, 01:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLK350
RClass 350 Diesel brake booster expérience

I was not terribly impressed about this stop drive recall only for reasons of being without my vehicle. Unfortunately the vehicle was in for suspension work for a right front air strut and left front control arm and alignment when the recall was informed. They did the recall before the alignment was one and it was stopped and no further work conducted including a future decision for an oil cooler leak to be addressed for the turbo. This required the top engine to be torn down to fix an apparent 20 hour job.
and was to be covered by an extension warranty except for the actual leaking part, a weird scenario.
the warranty outfit wanted me to have the repairs done by an unknown to me but registered with the warranty company. I lobbied them saying it's my paid insurance and I would prefer to use a trusted "Mercedes dealer instead and they granted me that.
of course I'd have to paid the dealer and get reimbursed. The difference between a aftermarket warranty and a MB dearer could be from a 90 day warranty of work to 2 years with MB I'm banking on MB , just my opinion.
just o say the brake recall has been very well handled by MB
they provided and rental and looked after the conditions of my vehicle brought in to delivered back after 7 months. I'm a loyal customer for life!