R-Class (W251) Produced 2006-2013: R320CDI, R350, R420CDI, R500

HELP! C63 Paddle on New Wheel not working

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2024, 08:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
R Class R320
HELP! C63 Paddle on New Wheel not working

Hi All. please can anyone help. I have had a Wheel commissions with c63 paddles and all but the paddles do not work. They are these see link https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/194352474110

All normal buttons, horn etc work great but I can't get back to the car garage till 14th May 2024. Does anyone know what could be wrong for me to check with a multi meter etc.

Any Help would be amazing im in UK if anyone knows how to fix and would like to help I can travel.

Old 05-12-2024, 05:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W205 C63S
Me too

Originally Posted by arch691
Hi All. please can anyone help. I have had a Wheel commissions with c63 paddles and all but the paddles do not work. They are these see link https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/194352474110

All normal buttons, horn etc work great but I can't get back to the car garage till 14th May 2024. Does anyone know what could be wrong for me to check with a multi meter etc.

Any Help would be amazing im in UK if anyone knows how to fix and would like to help I can travel.

Running into something similar here as well as I installed a steering wheel 2-3 days ago. I bought a aftermarket carbon fiber LED steering wheel for CHEAP because original owner wasn’t able to figure out how to set it up on their C63 and they messed up all the wiring and pins. Luckily I used my OEM boards and modules as donors and was able to figure it out for my W205 C63S. I still had to do a bit of rewiring and soldering to get 90% on the finished product. Everything works but the paddle shifters. I did some research and found some good info listed below.

Start by using a multimeter for continuity from paddle circuit board/module (soldering area of 2 wires) going to end point pins on the contact plate (purple connector that goes into the car), if you have not done so already. This will let you know if connections are seeded good and you don’t have a brake in the lines.

1. Potentially different paddle shift board modules are being used. Slightly different (but newer) for the car that you installed on and either need to be rewired from the female plug-in into the steering wheel contact plate (left/right 2-wire female plug-in). Reverse connections in order to get the correct setup to utilize paddles. This is exact same result to 15’-17’ models compared to 18’-19’ C63S modules having swapped lines. This is a troubleshooting step as there is no definitive answer until you test drive if this will in fact work.
2. If paddles are being seen from your car via software, paddle shifting may need to be added via coding. This is pretty complex BUT there are some guides online to help. Hardest part is actually unlocking your car for add/delete code from the actual software so your car can recognize and utilize the paddles. Have read that some dealership are able to do this as a service and some refuse doing it. Up to their discretion.
3. If you have original paddles (had to be same size) you can potentially swap out the boards it’s self and it should be a simple plug and play.

Mind you, this is currently being looked at as I am also dealing with something similar. If I do find a solution on my end, I’ll try and update you with steps taken on my part. Hope this information helps to whoever’s reads this.

L/R paddle shift female plug-ins to steering wheel contact plate.