R-Class (W251) Produced 2006-2013: R320CDI, R350, R420CDI, R500

[HELP] R300 Rubber above tail lights question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2024, 09:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R class
[HELP] R300 Rubber above tail lights question

Hello, just found out that the rubber above my tail light is acting out. Vin WDC2511542A127853

I find difficulty in assessing the correct part number for this. Some shop told me I need to buy a new set of tail light is that true? I tried looking online but the product images doesn’t seem to include the rubber cover.

Please help as I need to address this issue asap before I got caught in a wet situation.

Old 06-28-2024, 08:59 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
R350
I'd look on Ebay to see if you can find something. Mercedes may not offer it as a spare part so you may have to buy the light to get the seal if you are looking to go OEM. Looks like it's part of the light housing. You may be able to take it apart and glue it or snap it back in place. Not sure how everything is affixed. I've found that on these R series it's sometimes better to come up with a solution to fix versus source a new part. The things I've found broken on mine could have been designed way more robust by MB for plastic aging. LOL! The headrests and emergency brake assembly are just two things I've found could have been design way better for long term functionality. Still love the R!.
The following 2 users liked this post by Jrichards75:
R3504Matic (06-29-2024), Trampas (07-01-2024)
Old 07-20-2024, 09:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R class
Hello, just want to update that I have fixed the problem.

The rubber part is not broken. Seems that my workshop forgot to re-fit the rubber to slip into the stoplamp gap (essentially creating the seal). So no parts were changed. I just used my nail to tweak those rubber back.

thank you all for the help!