R-Class (W251) Produced 2006-2013: R320CDI, R350, R420CDI, R500

Stuck in limp mode

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Yesterday, 12:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 Mercedes R320 CDI W251
Stuck in limp mode

Ok so as stated my 2008 R320 CDI is currently stuck in limp mode. Vehicle has just under 400k purchased it and very happy but needed some work. Changed the turbo actuator after getting it as well as the batwing intake which came with two new Bosch Maf sensors as there was a Crack in the original and it was showing right maf sensor was not reading. Drove the car like that for about a year and didn't have any issues would just go into limp mode every so often and would drive normally after turn the engine off and back on. Pulled and cleaned the egr which would solve that but recently decided to do some maintenance on the old girl brakes, and the upstream sensor, a/c coolant refill. I believe my issue was that I did a deep cleaning of the interior after changing the brakes and upstream sensor (a lot of water was sprayed to clean it) and since then within a few days the climate blower motor stopped working. Diagnosed and changed the blower motor and it works fine but when the fan is given a high load on the max setting it shuts off or turns off and trys to go again but works fine upto the second highest level. Following that my right side headlight bulb was turning off but corrects it's self, still getting the b2 right hot film message even after changing out the sensor which does not go away and now a whole set of new codes are springing up and not deletingfuel filter sensor, b5/1 sensor voltage too low and a few others. The fuses all check out ok and I'm getting power to all the sensors so not sure if it's my harness or specific connection as I've checked all of them and they seem fine. Cleaned all the air delivery sensors I could find. I also cleaned and washed down under the hood so not sure if the ecu that the main harness on the driver side got wet and damaged because it's stuck in limp mode now and not reseting Will post a comole list of all the engine codes todayany help would be appreciated! I don't believe it's the turbo or actuator as i feel it boosting at low rpm