R63 AMG (W251) 2007 - 2013 Discuss the R63 AMG.

Anyone Selling R63?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-09-2012, 09:05 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
R63 AMG, tt quattro (beater), Forrester XT 5MT
Funny enough - drove to VA from MD today. On my way back from dinner with a friend in VA, I come up on a white R63. I honked at the guy and asked, "What are the odds?"

He laughed and said, "about one in a million!"

And I was thinking of the Eddie Murphy "black and white together" skit from SNL...
Old 06-10-2012, 07:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
99 ML430, 01 CLK55, 07 R63, 15 E63 Wagon
Originally Posted by Ludicrous Speed
Funny enough - drove to VA from MD today. On my way back from dinner with a friend in VA, I come up on a white R63. I honked at the guy and asked, "What are the odds?"

He laughed and said, "about one in a million!"

And I was thinking of the Eddie Murphy "black and white together" skit from SNL...
No way! Because on Friday I came up behind a Cubanite Silver (Pewter) R63 over in Bellevue, WA (a rich suburb of Seattle) for about half a mile. Unfortunately the driver was on his phone and didn't seem to pay much attention to me even though I was trying to get his attention. I couldn't believe it as I've only ever seen 1 R63 in Seattle and that was a few years ago (might even be the same one). hahaha It made my week though!

Originally Posted by MiMoore
xxGenericSNxx

Let me know if the R63 meet ever materializes. Have identical color R63 in Federal Way. Maybe we will pass each other on I-5.
No way! Are you an original owner or did you find yours preowned? I'm going to PM you!

Last edited by xxGenericSNxx; 06-10-2012 at 08:01 AM.
Old 06-10-2012, 02:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1M, F550M, F550B, F40, S600, 365GTC, DBSx2, etc.
I wanna be part of the club!

--Dan
Old 06-11-2012, 01:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Even after purchasing mine I've still been looking at the used market and nothing's come up yet. Next one that comes up I'll post it and it'll be your chance to do so!
Old 06-12-2012, 11:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Many thanks. I foolishly went away when the last one came up for sale, thinking I could deal with it when I returned - of course it sold quickly (though I'm happy a fellow forum owner got it). Kudos.

--Dan
Old 06-13-2012, 12:10 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
R63 AMG, tt quattro (beater), Forrester XT 5MT
Want to trade R63 for one of the cars on your list that start with F?
Old 06-13-2012, 03:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by bobafett
Many thanks. I foolishly went away when the last one came up for sale, thinking I could deal with it when I returned - of course it sold quickly (though I'm happy a fellow forum owner got it). Kudos.

--Dan
Trust me, you did yourself a favor by not buying the car I did. I've been riddled with repairs after I took delivery- spending more time at the shop than at my house. Some of the issues were already known when I saw it in person before purchasing it, and some after delivery. New issues keep popping up as the technician digs deeper (car has been modified with a custom sound system before but the installers didn't know what they were doing messing up some wiring and ruining some trim pieces). Also, the car wasn't maintained well from a cosmetic standpoint from the previous owners. For meticulous car guys like us on a forum like this, it needs a lot of TLC. Then there were some mechanical and electronic issues. While annoyed at the issues that my car has, it's a learning experience for me as it's my first used car and I just take it lightly and it's become my project for the summer. But I don't imagine a lot of people will be making light of the situation that I'm in if they were in my position. (Also, that car dealer is not one you want to deal with. I'll leave it at that unless if you want to PM me.)

As long as you're not in a super rush, others will pop up. One forum member in San Francisco might be selling his this month or next.

I'm going to start another thread soon that shares the mods that I'm doing and actually share some pictures with you guys!
Old 06-13-2012, 08:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by xxGenericSNxx
Trust me, you did yourself a favor by not buying the car I did. I've been riddled with repairs after I took delivery- spending more time at the shop than at my house. Some of the issues were already known when I saw it in person before purchasing it, and some after delivery. New issues keep popping up as the technician digs deeper (car has been modified with a custom sound system before but the installers didn't know what they were doing messing up some wiring and ruining some trim pieces). Also, the car wasn't maintained well from a cosmetic standpoint from the previous owners. For meticulous car guys like us on a forum like this, it needs a lot of TLC. Then there were some mechanical and electronic issues. While annoyed at the issues that my car has, it's a learning experience for me as it's my first used car and I just take it lightly and it's become my project for the summer. But I don't imagine a lot of people will be making light of the situation that I'm in if they were in my position. (Also, that car dealer is not one you want to deal with. I'll leave it at that unless if you want to PM me.)

As long as you're not in a super rush, others will pop up. One forum member in San Francisco might be selling his this month or next.

I'm going to start another thread soon that shares the mods that I'm doing and actually share some pictures with you guys!
Serious bummer that you've had such a mixed bag. I figure there's going to be some kind of issue that you'll discover, but it sounds as if you've got a bit of a hornet's nest. That said, you're taking it in stride and good form - not to mention the final product will be awesome!

--Dan
Old 06-16-2012, 01:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yes I can't wait to see the fruit of all my research and time devoted to this car. I'm driving down to SF at the end of the month, I'd be more than happy to let you see it. Trying to get an R63 meet going down in SF when I'm in town too as there's a few in the area.

Just saw an Iridium Silver R63 when leaving the baseball stadium this evening. That's 3 different ones I've seen in 8 days including mine and supposedly at least 4 in the area.
Old 06-16-2012, 03:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by xxGenericSNxx
Yes I can't wait to see the fruit of all my research and time devoted to this car. I'm driving down to SF at the end of the month, I'd be more than happy to let you see it. Trying to get an R63 meet going down in SF when I'm in town too as there's a few in the area.

Just saw an Iridium Silver R63 when leaving the baseball stadium this evening. That's 3 different ones I've seen in 8 days including mine and supposedly at least 4 in the area.
I'd be happy to buy a round. Obviously I won't be part of the R party but I'm sure I can dig up something interesting to bring. PM me your details and we'll sort it out. I'm in SEA quite a bit too, generally in Maddy Park or Bvue/Meydenbauer area but quite mobile. Heard it's been good-enough-to-go-to-Bainbridge/Vashon weather lately.

--Dan
Old 06-27-2012, 11:24 AM
HHD

R63
R 63 for sale

I have a Barolo Red R63 AMG with 65,000 miles for sale. Contact me at HdaNM2000@aol.com. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Anyone Selling R63?-dscn8509.jpg   Anyone Selling R63?-dscn8510.jpg   Anyone Selling R63?-dscn8511.jpg   Anyone Selling R63?-dscn8525.jpg   Anyone Selling R63?-dscn8533.jpg  

Anyone Selling R63?-dscn8524.jpg  

Last edited by HHD; 06-28-2012 at 07:56 PM.