R63 AMG (W251) 2007 - 2013 Discuss the R63 AMG.

Seattle R63 Build/ Photo Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 12-09-2012, 10:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2005 ML350, 2008 GL320, 2013 Gl350
How much money did you put in the car so far?
Old 12-09-2012, 11:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
99 ML430, 01 CLK55, 07 R63, 15 E63 Wagon
That's none of your business.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

lol ok than? salt on a fresh wound?
Old 12-10-2012, 02:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Well you're a fairly new member and you don't make any comments on the car and simply ask how much it costs- sort of cold if you ask me. So, no, I'm not going to share that information with you.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I remounted the plate on the lower slat so that it's even more out of the way and doesn't restrict as much airflow:

I also got a chance to meet up with a fellow MB World member and former R63 owner in Vancouver BC. He showed me his very awesome E63 wagon.

Just a few cars down was a CLS63 Wald Black Bison:

Old 12-10-2012, 09:21 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
R63, X5M, FJ
Nathan,

I will send you a court doc that states you do not need a front plate. I always carried it with me in the car. I never had a front plate on my M up there and never got pulled over. And I crossed the border weekly without any issues.

Either way nice work on the plate, it looks very appropriate.

Last edited by WallyR350; 12-10-2012 at 05:09 PM.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by xxGenericSNxx
Well you're a fairly new member and you don't make any comments on the car and simply ask how much it costs- sort of cold if you ask me. So, no, I'm not going to share that information with you.

Fair Enough, I just found out about this forum, I am on Benz World.org daily, btw I dont work for the IRS, the question was simply my curiosity
Old 12-10-2012, 11:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 AMG E63S, 2006 XK8 victory edition convertible, 2006 supercharged trailblazer SS, 2001 E430
Originally Posted by WallyR350
Nam,

I will send you a court doc that states you do not need a front plate. I always carried it with me in the car. I never had a front plate on my M up there and never got pulled over. And I crossed the border weekly without any issues.

Either way nice work on the plate, it looks very appropriate.
I'd like to see that court doc too. I took my front plate off and haven't been pulled yet..... (knock on wood )
Old 12-10-2012, 01:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I mean it just depends 100% on the officer. If he's got nothing to do and your car happens to catch his eye, he can pull you over for just no plate. However my friends who have had issues is not for the plate primarily, they got pulled over for something else, then ticketed for that infraction and the cop adds the front plate onto it for an additional $130.

As for the court doc, you've got to get the actual exemption- which in most cases is impossible if the auto manufacturer made an OEM front plate bracket. http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/sho...hp?p=138072078

But I'd like to see it anyways. BTW I did get heckled once coming back home across the border. The agent even asked to see the registration.

BTW I'm not Nam- he's the guy that used to own your car.

@cookstar it just came off as a tad rude.

Last edited by xxGenericSNxx; 12-12-2012 at 02:34 AM.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:14 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
R63, X5M, FJ
Oppps I meant Nathan! I will dig up the doc and sent it shortly.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:47 PM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
2020 Porsche Taycan Turbo, 2020 GLC 63, 2014 Audi S6, 2014 GL63; past 2019 M5 and 2011 E63
xxGenericSNXX:

Loved the photo shoot with the E63 wagon! You have managed to have a few very interesting rendezvous way up there in the Pacific NW with some cool MBs (another R63, a U.S. registered R550 etc).

Because I need all wheel drive and a third row, I would still take your R63 over the E63 wagon . . .

BTW, you really have your facts down about MB past option combos. I had forgotten about the R-Class AMG sport package that was offered in 2006/2007 that did make the R500 look like the R63, although I believe the wheels were still slightly different (just trying to show my knowledge too ). In that sense, the gap between the R63 and the R500 is a little closer than I remembered, but it was still wide given the difference between the marvelous 6.2lV8 and the 302 hp V8 in the R500 (plus handling, brakes, exhaust).

Kind regards
Old 12-13-2012, 03:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yes you're correct. The differences on the AMG will still be the engine, first and foremost, as well as the wheels, brakes, and all seating surfaces were changed to higher grade leather. The front seats are also sportier and you gain the M setting for the transmission.

Visually, though, it's pretty close. If you changed your rims on a garden variety R350 or R500 to the AMG 20 and the exhaust to quad tips it would almost look like the real deal on the outside (save the brakes, or if you see the seats through the window).

Anyways, I hope the GL63 comes in sooner rather than later. Although with the car not being out yet, I can still enjoy having the only three row AMG that's out (save previous gen S211 E AMG wagon, and the ultra rare G XXL). BTW I saw Cinnibar Red in person on an ML at the auto show. It's a nice color that's a maroon with hints of gold in bright light. Although to me, it's very similar to Barolo Red of the past. Are you still thinking Pearl Beige on the GL?

With this car I've also had the wonderful opportunity of connecting with others that have the same interest for these oddball cars. For that I'm very grateful as I've made some really good friends.

Last edited by xxGenericSNxx; 12-13-2012 at 03:55 AM.
Old 12-15-2012, 11:44 PM

2020 Porsche Taycan Turbo, 2020 GLC 63, 2014 Audi S6, 2014 GL63; past 2019 M5 and 2011 E63
I prefer the term "unique" rather than "oddball" - but your point is a good one.

Yes - settled on Pearl Beige. It may be one of one given MB has already built a Cinnibar Red GL63 for the LA Auto Show. I kind of like the color after seeing it in person (on an ML) but don't love it. I am glad, however, that MB is back to offering a red on the GL and ML after cutting out the Barolo.

Kind regards
Old 12-16-2012, 04:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Great. I'm glad you're getting Pearl Beige. I think it'll be a very rare sight if I see one in that color. After seeing Designo Mystic Blue on a G63 and Designo Mauritius Blue on an E350 at the dealer a few days ago, I am dead set on whatever my next car is, to have a unique paint job because not only were the colors extremelly unique, they also had depth to them and it simply looks really cool. I'm so sick of silver, black, and gray cars. I can't believe Mercedes-Benz has introduced even more grays for the 2013 model year (for the GLK and maybe a few other models): Pebble Grey and Diamond Silver. That's in addition to the regular Iridium Silver than pretty much every non Black Mercedes is painted in, Steel Grey, and Palladium Silver.

I don't know what was up with the lighting at the LA Auto Show, but I like Cinnibar Red a lot more in the pictures than I do in person. In the pictures, it looks a lot darker and more brown, very similar to Cuprite Brown (a very nice color in my opinion) rather than Barolo Red.

I just wish they'd reintroduce Designo paints to the Alabama built cars like they did for the W163 back in the day.

Please remind me, which interior choice are you going with? I wish there'd be more than three choices. And really the choice for me would be made by default. Black is obviously out due to its snooze factor. White would be way too difficult to keep clean, especially on an SUV where you're using it to transport many people/ kids. So that'd leave Auburn which is nice, but I'd like something a tad more wild such as Armagnac, Sand, Saffron Beige, Mystic Red, Light Brown, or Classic Red. Just take a look at the S Class Designo selection. I'd have such a hard time choosing which combo to go for!

http://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/benz/d.../modType-S_SDN
Old 12-16-2012, 07:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 Chevrolet SS, 2006 Cadillac STS-V
The problem is that most of the people that buy these cars new are boring so they only go for the usual black, silver, or gray. Which is why 90% of German cars come in black and silver! My C55 will be my last black car.
Old 12-16-2012, 02:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by 91RS
The problem is that most of the people that buy these cars new are boring so they only go for the usual black, silver, or gray. Which is why 90% of German cars come in black and silver! My C55 will be my last black car.
That's exactly right. It's what the market demands, so it's what dealers buy for inventory. In all this time I've seen only one Cuprite Brown GLK and it looks wonderful in person. The rest of the GLKs I seem to see are a black, silver, or gray variant, and sometimes red.

BTW how's the C55 in terms of performance? I have the older CLK55 and I find there to be so much torque that you really get pushed into your seat when accelerating. It seems to me that the C55 would be just as fun to drive but even more practical due to having rear doors.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The C55 should be about the same as the CLK55. The C and the CLK have the same power and weigh about the same. Mine is far from stock these days though, it has a Kleemann blower + a whole load of other stuff.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:35 PM

Great. I'm glad you're getting Pearl Beige. I think it'll be a very rare sight if I see one in that color. After seeing Designo Mystic Blue on a G63 and Designo Mauritius Blue on an E350 at the dealer a few days ago, I am dead set on whatever my next car is, to have a unique paint job because not only were the colors extremelly unique, they also had depth to them and it simply looks really cool. I'm so sick of silver, black, and gray cars. I can't believe Mercedes-Benz has introduced even more grays for the 2013 model year (for the GLK and maybe a few other models): Pebble Grey and Diamond Silver. That's in addition to the regular Iridium Silver than pretty much every non Black Mercedes is painted in, Steel Grey, and Palladium Silver.

I don't know what was up with the lighting at the LA Auto Show, but I like Cinnibar Red a lot more in the pictures than I do in person. In the pictures, it looks a lot darker and more brown, very similar to Cuprite Brown (a very nice color in my opinion) rather than Barolo Red.

I just wish they'd reintroduce Designo paints to the Alabama built cars like they did for the W163 back in the day.

Please remind me, which interior choice are you going with? I wish there'd be more than three choices. And really the choice for me would be made by default. Black is obviously out due to its snooze factor. White would be way too difficult to keep clean, especially on an SUV where you're using it to transport many people/ kids. So that'd leave Auburn which is nice, but I'd like something a tad more wild such as Armagnac, Sand, Saffron Beige, Mystic Red, Light Brown, or Classic Red. Just take a look at the S Class Designo selection. I'd have such a hard time choosing which combo to go for!

http://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/benz/d.../modType-S_SDN
xxGenericSNXX:

Going with the Auburn brown. You described the three choices well - Porcelain to light for the kids and black a little too boring for me. I am thinking that Brown Satin Wood (Matte) for the trim instead of the Burl Walnut. What do you think? From the ongoing discussion on the GlX166 board, it seems like I may be waiting until the fall of 2013 to get an allocation - not the end the world.

I know you and I have talked about colors in the past. It is such a personal choice. I really like the look for most MBs in Black and Silver/Grey (White is just not my thing) but there are just sooo many of them in those colors. I think those of us who order "oddball" colors for our AMGs feel like we are going out on a limb. I know when I ordered my Quartz Blue E63, my dealer politely tried to discourage me by noting how unusual/lower resale the choice was. That may turn out to be true, but I am happier living with that decision.

You read my mind about wishing for Designo color choices for the ML and GL. Boy, would I love to have the option of choosing between Mystic Blue, Red and Brown. I think I would go with the Mystic Brown, as I like that shade of brown better than the Cuprite and the Cinnibar (reddish brown as well as you noted). Although Mystic Blue on the Gl would be really cool. What would you go with if those colors were available?

Kind regards
Old 12-17-2012, 02:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

91RS your C55 sounds like a beast! Probably faster than an SL55k or E55k due to your weight advantage.

Hello South Ocean!

I like your decision of the matte wood trim. I personally find the Burl Walnut option to be a bit boring as it's the same wood trim MB's been using on their higher end models for the last few decades. Honestly, I'd rather get the (cheaper) Eucalyptus Wood trim offered on the MB Tex GLs than the standard Burlwood that comes with the leather option.

Now the matte wood vs. Designo Piano Black may be another difficult choice, though. Please note that the Piano Lacquer does get you a Designo badge on the wood trim right in front of the passenger on the dash that's pretty neat (at least the ML63 I saw had this). I used to like that trim back in 2007 when it was introduced on the S Class because it's unique, but today I find it also quite common. And perhaps even a little bit boring. It's just gloss black, and a lot of low end cars also have a similar style trim with shiny black plastic. I have seen the matte wood in person and it's very neat/ natural feeling. I'd also feel like it'd go really well with the Auburn.

I just don't find Porcelain very practical, for any age. There was a BMW 6 Gran Coupe at the Seattle Auto Show with a white interior. The seats were already turning black because of everyone's pants. I can't imagine how the interior would look in a few years of regular use. Maybe it'd be an interior color I'd only consider on a weekend car such as an SL/ SLS (but even then I'd choose red).

As far as your allocation is concerned, I hope you do get a confirmed slot though. I'd really hate for the GL63 to turn into an R63 fiasco. This is to say, I tried getting an allocation back in 2007 that never came to fruition and then the next model year the car was cancelled. Although I don't foresee MB axing the GL63 after only one model year, you never know what will happen, especially with the impending higher MPG requirement on cars in the very near future.

I didn't know you have Quartz Blue on the E. I always thought it was a silver one. I really like Quartz Blue (also known as Indigolith Blue in the European market). BTW why didn't you go for Designo? What color interior do you have and which trim? I don't change cars often, so I don't necessarily care about resale. I'd rather have something I truly like than buying a car with my own money to appeal to the general population.

I do find MBs to look timeless or classic in black or silver and they can look nice. But it's something so common that it's a turn off for me. I'd love something unique. If only my R Class were Jade Green... I've never seen a picture of an R63 in Jade Green so it may possibly not even exist which seems so cool to me.

I have a really hard time deciding between Designo colors. After seeing Designo Mystic Blue and Designo Mauritius Blue in person, I really like them both. Mystic Blue has so much depth and hues of purple in there. Mauritius Blue is really bright and a loud color which makes a striking statement for a generally understated Mercedes-Benz car. I've seen pictures of Designo Mystic Red and wasn't completely impressed. It just looked like Barolor Red in the images. Designo Mystic Brown is nice, but I feel like either of the blue colors make more of a statement and is a more interesting color. For me it's too tough to call which color I'd get. It'd also depend on each car itself. Mauritius Blue might lend itself better for a non SUV, while Mystic Blue might be better suited on an SUV. My ML is Azure Blue which is also a metallic dark blue with purple in the light. It's similar to Mystic Blue but without as much depth. So I may not get Mystic Blue for the time being because one car is already a similar color, but it's hard to say.

My dream is to one day have a full Designo painted car with Designo interior and my absolute dream of Designo granite trim.

BTW what options are you planning on doing?

Last edited by xxGenericSNxx; 12-17-2012 at 02:19 AM.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

91RS your C55 sounds like a beast! Probably faster than an SL55k or E55k due to your weight advantage.
It might be just a little bit faster than a stock SL/E55, but not anywhere close if they're modded. The high compression engine in the C makes it to where I can't give it any more boost than it has now where the SL/E55 guys can run up to 14psi!
Old 12-17-2012, 10:34 PM

Hello South Ocean!

I like your decision of the matte wood trim. I personally find the Burl Walnut option to be a bit boring as it's the same wood trim MB's been using on their higher end models for the last few decades. Honestly, I'd rather get the (cheaper) Eucalyptus Wood trim offered on the MB Tex GLs than the standard Burlwood that comes with the leather option.

Now the matte wood vs. Designo Piano Black may be another difficult choice, though. Please note that the Piano Lacquer does get you a Designo badge on the wood trim right in front of the passenger on the dash that's pretty neat (at least the ML63 I saw had this). I used to like that trim back in 2007 when it was introduced on the S Class because it's unique, but today I find it also quite common. And perhaps even a little bit boring. It's just gloss black, and a lot of low end cars also have a similar style trim with shiny black plastic. I have seen the matte wood in person and it's very neat/ natural feeling. I'd also feel like it'd go really well with the Auburn.

I just don't find Porcelain very practical, for any age. There was a BMW 6 Gran Coupe at the Seattle Auto Show with a white interior. The seats were already turning black because of everyone's pants. I can't imagine how the interior would look in a few years of regular use. Maybe it'd be an interior color I'd only consider on a weekend car such as an SL/ SLS (but even then I'd choose red).

As far as your allocation is concerned, I hope you do get a confirmed slot though. I'd really hate for the GL63 to turn into an R63 fiasco. This is to say, I tried getting an allocation back in 2007 that never came to fruition and then the next model year the car was cancelled. Although I don't foresee MB axing the GL63 after only one model year, you never know what will happen, especially with the impending higher MPG requirement on cars in the very near future.

I didn't know you have Quartz Blue on the E. I always thought it was a silver one. I really like Quartz Blue (also known as Indigolith Blue in the European market). BTW why didn't you go for Designo? What color interior do you have and which trim? I don't change cars often, so I don't necessarily care about resale. I'd rather have something I truly like than buying a car with my own money to appeal to the general population.

I do find MBs to look timeless or classic in black or silver and they can look nice. But it's something so common that it's a turn off for me. I'd love something unique. If only my R Class were Jade Green... I've never seen a picture of an R63 in Jade Green so it may possibly not even exist which seems so cool to me.

I have a really hard time deciding between Designo colors. After seeing Designo Mystic Blue and Designo Mauritius Blue in person, I really like them both. Mystic Blue has so much depth and hues of purple in there. Mauritius Blue is really bright and a loud color which makes a striking statement for a generally understated Mercedes-Benz car. I've seen pictures of Designo Mystic Red and wasn't completely impressed. It just looked like Barolor Red in the images. Designo Mystic Brown is nice, but I feel like either of the blue colors make more of a statement and is a more interesting color. For me it's too tough to call which color I'd get. It'd also depend on each car itself. Mauritius Blue might lend itself better for a non SUV, while Mystic Blue might be better suited on an SUV. My ML is Azure Blue which is also a metallic dark blue with purple in the light. It's similar to Mystic Blue but without as much depth. So I may not get Mystic Blue for the time being because one car is already a similar color, but it's hard to say.

My dream is to one day have a full Designo painted car with Designo interior and my absolute dream of Designo granite trim.

BTW what options are you planning on doing?
xxGenericSNXX:

Thanks for your thoughts on the wood trim. Yes - the Piano Black Lacquer would be another good option. I have thought about that but agree that it has become less special by imitation and I am not sure I like it enough to warrant spending the $1,600 or so necessary for that over the Matte Wood.

I did not know that you tried to order the R63 before it was prematurely cancelled. I guess your story has a happy ending in that you wound up with an R63 after all (yes - with a few rough spots that you have had to polish off) at a lower starting price (notwithstanding your numerous upgrades). I do think about that a bit with the GL63 but agree that it would be a real surprise if they cancelled it after one year given the costs to certify it in the USA. I could lose my color choice (Pearl Beige) as MB seems to often replace low yield colors (often with another variant of silver as you noted). When I ordered my E63, I had the fear that the color was not going to last given the low take rate. I was right but it lasted one more year until MY2013 when it was axed. By the way, here is a shot of my Quartz Blue E63 with the winter wheels in tires, FYI. The interior is the standard almond with burl walnut. I like that color combo a lot and didn't consider designo at the time of order. Back then, in April 2011 when I ordered, they hadn't started offering the designo interior options as they did for 2012. As you noted, there are some really neat interior designo color combos I would have considered.

On the GL63, staying simple with rear DVD and trailer hitch. Should keep it slightly under $120k. Everything I would have ordered on the GL550 is standard plus a bit more that I wouldn't have ordered (like the active blind spot, etc). While I would love to have one of the first to hit the street sometime in late Q1 2013, I have resigned myself to a late summer/early fall arrival. If I get lucky with my order and get an early allocation - great - but I am not counting on it. I reassure myself that even with the most limited production of the MBs, like the new C63 Black Series, there are cars to be had if you can wait 6 to 9 months after launch. I checked cars.com today and there are 5 C63BS 2012/2013s available - 3 new ones and 2 used ones of every color - black, red, white, silver and matte. And they only came out at the beginning of this summer or very late spring. I recall lots of activity on the internet forums about passionate car fans trying to track down an allocation at dealers across the country (and some reporting getting scrooged in the process). But when the dust has settled a bit, you can pick one up now albiet not exactly as you would order it. And the used black one is showing up with the somewhat typical $15k plus discount off of MSRP.

I hope you get your wish one day of having a full designo car - inside and out. I wonder what model that would be . . .

Kind regards
Attached Thumbnails Seattle R63 Build/ Photo Thread-quartz-blue-e63-winter.jpg  
Old 12-17-2012, 11:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by South Ocean1
xxGenericSNXX:

Thanks for your thoughts on the wood trim. Yes - the Piano Black Lacquer would be another good option. I have thought about that but agree that it has become less special by imitation and I am not sure I like it enough to warrant spending the $1,600 or so necessary for that over the Matte Wood.

I did not know that you tried to order the R63 before it was prematurely cancelled. I guess your story has a happy ending in that you wound up with an R63 after all (yes - with a few rough spots that you have had to polish off) at a lower starting price (notwithstanding your numerous upgrades). I do think about that a bit with the GL63 but agree that it would be a real surprise if they cancelled it after one year given the costs to certify it in the USA. I could lose my color choice (Pearl Beige) as MB seems to often replace low yield colors (often with another variant of silver as you noted). When I ordered my E63, I had the fear that the color was not going to last given the low take rate. I was right but it lasted one more year until MY2013 when it was axed. By the way, here is a shot of my Quartz Blue E63 with the winter wheels in tires, FYI. The interior is the standard almond with burl walnut. I like that color combo a lot and didn't consider designo at the time of order. Back then, in April 2011 when I ordered, they hadn't started offering the designo interior options as they did for 2012. As you noted, there are some really neat interior designo color combos I would have considered.

On the GL63, staying simple with rear DVD and trailer hitch. Should keep it slightly under $120k. Everything I would have ordered on the GL550 is standard plus a bit more that I wouldn't have ordered (like the active blind spot, etc). While I would love to have one of the first to hit the street sometime in late Q1 2013, I have resigned myself to a late summer/early fall arrival. If I get lucky with my order and get an early allocation - great - but I am not counting on it. I reassure myself that even with the most limited production of the MBs, like the new C63 Black Series, there are cars to be had if you can wait 6 to 9 months after launch. I checked cars.com today and there are 5 C63BS 2012/2013s available - 3 new ones and 2 used ones of every color - black, red, white, silver and matte. And they only came out at the beginning of this summer or very late spring. I recall lots of activity on the internet forums about passionate car fans trying to track down an allocation at dealers across the country (and some reporting getting scrooged in the process). But when the dust has settled a bit, you can pick one up now albiet not exactly as you would order it. And the used black one is showing up with the somewhat typical $15k plus discount off of MSRP.

I hope you get your wish one day of having a full designo car - inside and out. I wonder what model that would be . . .

Kind regards

just out of curiosity, as a current E63 owner whats your take on the 2014 E63 with 4matic?
Old 12-18-2012, 04:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thanks for the update South Ocean. I can't wait to see the GL whenever it may be. The only difference between the C BS and the GL AMG, IMO, is that the GL won't have as much demand and a "need it now" attitude. So hopefully not too many people get screwed by obscure pricing.

The nice thing about the GL63 is that a lot of things are standard. You're only left to a few options and some special order items if you feel so inclined. (This may make searching for a used one easier as I tend to favor fully optioned vehicles, but finding that special color combo will also be a challenge). Although I don't really see myself getting a GL63 anytime soon anyways.

The Quartz Blue E looks fantastic! You're right on the Designo things not really being pushed last year. Now they seem to be going at it full force by offering it on so many different model lines. I hope the trend continues in the future.
Old 12-19-2012, 12:51 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
S320 GL350
Congrats on the R63

I'm glad to see the car is in the hands of someone who respects these rare animals, and agrees factory knows best. Although I've lost my drive to obtain one of these, and have plans to move to an E63 wagon, I too found a silver one for sale recently that had inexplicably been in the hands of some "abuser" in Toronto given the carfax history and thousands of dollars of body work due to vandalism, rear end damage, etc. There are nice ones out there but I think they're all in storage somewhere. The Toronto model went from auction to the USA, but had the coolest pictures I've seen yet (and I think the Canadian-built ones were more similar to European ones than the US ones). It went to Mount Vernon Washington. I've attached pics. Still in love with my R350.
Attached Thumbnails Seattle R63 Build/ Photo Thread-r63-5.jpg   Seattle R63 Build/ Photo Thread-r63-4.jpg   Seattle R63 Build/ Photo Thread-r63-6.jpg   Seattle R63 Build/ Photo Thread-r63-2.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
R3504Matic (06-22-2022)
Old 12-19-2012, 01:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

That one was owned by the same guy who has the E63 wagon in the above pictures. It was a Torotno car then its next owner was in Vancouver and then it got auctioned to Mount Vernon, Washington. The car sold earlier this month to another guy that posted in this thread further up and the car now resides in California.

As far as the accidents are concerned, he just had a lot of very bad luck. When I checked the CarFax though, it was completely clean.

Right now there's two R63s for sale for a pretty good price if you can stand the high mileage.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Seattle R63 Build/ Photo Thread