S/CL-Class (W140) Coupe 1994-1999: S500 Coupe, S600 Coupe, CL500 Coupe, CL600 Coupe

04 cl500 TMPS problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 11:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 E320 4matic
04 cl500 TMPS problem

some days its fine and no problem, but others days after starting the car and drive for few min the dashboard cluster says malfunction in tire pressure.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:15 AM

Yugos only
Originally Posted by jagga96
some days its fine and no problem, but others days after starting the car and drive for few min the dashboard cluster says malfunction in tire pressure.
Please read your Owner's Manual for your car.

If you let the car sit for a few days, or keep it in the garage, tire pressures, if set according to the pressure levels on either the door or the fuel intake door, will usually be at the low end of normal due to the fact that the tire is cool. The hotter the tire generally speaking the higher the pressure will become inside the tire. This is monitored by the TPMS system.

I have a German tire pressure gauge that I think I bought from that BMW parts supplier in Portsmouth New Hampshire years ago. It is accurate and is exactly spot on with my TPMS system. I set the cold tire pressure to factory specs using this gauge and then after a few miles of driving I check the TPMS system. I periodically check the tires with this gauge on all my cars after they been sitting a few days before they are driven.

Last edited by ivanj; 08-17-2009 at 10:18 AM.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:25 PM

2006 cl55 amg
The Problem Is The Batteries in the SENSOR

I am posting this answer to this old question, it is always asked and everyone blames everything but what the problem is. The original sensors have a life of about 5 years give or take , as the batteries (not replaceable) get weak, the monitor start giving bad info.. The only solution is to replace your TPMS SENSORS. Beru (OEM supplier) has new sensors to replace the old ones. The model # RDE 004 315mhz. have a life of now 10 years for Mercedes from 1999 to 2006 almost every MB model. There is a replaceable new valve # RDV 001, the size is 43 mm. which is the valve size to the rims, the valve holds the TPMS sensor in place inside the wheel. There are also rebuild kits for the valve stems. Go to www.beru.com for more info. Used this supplier for my new sensors www.TPMSwholesalers.com. Units changed in 2007 to different Mfg., do not intermix brands.