S/CL-Class (W140) Coupe 1994-1999: S500 Coupe, S600 Coupe, CL500 Coupe, CL600 Coupe

Pre-paid Maintenance Question following the original thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-03-2018, 11:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S560 Coupe
Cool Pre-paid Maintenance Question following the original thread

Hi all;

MBWorld has been a great resource since I purchased my first MB in 2001 (i no longer have the original email from Comcast and had to reregister). I have purchased a S560 C4 due for delivery after July 4th.

I have read thru the original thread on MBWorld that recommends for those who are planning to keep the car longer then 4 years to buy the prepaid maintenance but pay the first A service out of pocket (which should be ~$200-$300 at most) and buy a 3 pack for (B-A-B) rest of the services. Difference between 3 pack and 4 pack is ~$500 hence the advise from the fellow owners seems solid as always.

However I cant figure out how to do it per what the dealer finance seller is telling me.
- If I buy a 3 pack but pay A out of pocket, I still loose the first one. so I am locked in A-B-A if I buy at the time of closing.
- Seller told me that if I dont puy at the time of purchase but buy it right after I have done the Service A out of pocket; my car would be considered "used" hence the purchase price of 3 pack would go up (close to 4 pack at time of purchase+out of pocket service A) and at the end I might even loose money.

What gives? Could you elaborate how this is done.

Original thread on MBWorld, I am referring to is here.

Thank you in advance.