2015 s 550 coupe.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2015, 09:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 S 550 4 Matic Coupe
2015 s 550 coupe.

Have had the car for about 2 months. There is some kind of rattle in the passenger door. Sometimes I think it might be the seat belt mechanism. Sometimes it seems more in the door panel. Asked service rep. He said there were no service campaigns. I'm not ready to let them work on it or take it apart. Anyone else have this problem? And it gets much worse over bumpy surfaces and when in sport mode.
Old 10-15-2015, 11:11 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 185 Likes on 134 Posts
We noticed this in an edition 1 car when it first debuted...it was quite loud when closing the psngr door. Did you have it corrected and if so what exactly was it?
Old 10-20-2015, 09:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RJC
We noticed this in an edition 1 car when it first debuted...it was quite loud when closing the psngr door. Did you have it corrected and if so what exactly was it?

I have this in my edition 1. Lower door panel almost near trunk latch. At least that's where it sounds like to me. More of a ticking sound. Annoying as heck. Also have one in the HUD area.
Old 02-04-2016, 10:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
McLaren 12C, Audi S6
Guys, please tell me more about this problem. I am trying to negotiate between 3 different Edition 1 coupe's. They are all out of state so will buy without driving or seeing in person, depending on pics and dealer. So want to clarify with them that the car doesn't have this rattle. Please specify where in the door panel or other areas this is coming from, and if it is known to be with Edition 1 model's.

Thanks so much for your help. Would drive me crazy to get a car this special to have to deal with a rattle or ticking sound