Warranty

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2019, 08:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts
'16 S550 Coupe, '11 Lexus LS460, '02 CL500 (SOLD)
Originally Posted by RonCL55
Actually Jud, you are talking about extending the MB Used Certified Pre Owned warranty. That is a totally different warranty from the MB New Vehicle warranty and has totally different pricing and rules for extending it. I was only talking about extending the original new warranty

Here is a link to a dealer website that explains the difference between extending a new warranty and extending a CPO warranty:

https://www.fjmercedes.com/extended-...y-information/
Are you sure that there are different types of MB extended warranties? In other words one for extending the orig. and a different one for extending that of the CPO. I've talked at length with a MB warranty rep at my local dealer (that's all he does) and he says there is just one type of MB extended warranty.

Old 02-03-2019, 10:00 AM

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts
Mercedes S550 Coupe (now) CL55 (until last March 3), Ferrari 612, Porsche Macan GTS
Originally Posted by Jud Chapin
Are you sure that there are different types of MB extended warranties? In other words one for extending the orig. and a different one for extending that of the CPO. I've talked at length with a MB warranty rep at my local dealer (that's all he does) and he says there is just one type of MB extended warranty.
Jud, yes I am dealing with the warranty guy at the local MB dealer here (which also, in terms of volume, is the largest MB dealer in the nation).

I attached in the prior e mail the link to their warranty website. If you click on it you will see that they clearly show 2 different types of extended warranties. One is for new car warranties and one is for CPO warranties. You will see that with the new car warranties you can extend for 1, 2 or 3 years and for 75K or 100K miles. On the CPO warranties you can only extend for 1 or 2 years but there are no mileage limits (seems like a great deal for high mileage users).

Also the pricing is very different between the two different extended warranties. The pricing that I gave above is only for extending the new car warranty. The terms for extending the warranty that I outlined above are only for the extended new car warranty (and I have them in writing from the dealer). I dont know what the terms are for extending a CPO warranty because i dont have a CPO car so there was no reason to discuss it with the dealer.

Hope this helps.

Ron
Old 02-03-2019, 12:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Jud, yes I am dealing with the warranty guy at the local MB dealer here (which also, in terms of volume, is the largest MB dealer in the nation).

I attached in the prior e mail the link to their warranty website. If you click on it you will see that they clearly show 2 different types of extended warranties. One is for new car warranties and one is for CPO warranties. You will see that with the new car warranties you can extend for 1, 2 or 3 years and for 75K or 100K miles. On the CPO warranties you can only extend for 1 or 2 years but there are no mileage limits (seems like a great deal for high mileage users).

Also the pricing is very different between the two different extended warranties. The pricing that I gave above is only for extending the new car warranty. The terms for extending the warranty that I outlined above are only for the extended new car warranty (and I have them in writing from the dealer). I dont know what the terms are for extending a CPO warranty because i dont have a CPO car so there was no reason to discuss it with the dealer.

Hope this helps.

Ron
Thanks...
Old 02-23-2019, 12:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hope this helps.

Ron

Hi Ron,

What's your understanding re the extended warranty on the S63. I'm looking at a '17 with the balance of the factory warranty remaining. I'm being told that i can only get the CPO extra 1 year warranty since the car (S63 only) is not eligible to extend the factory warranty. Only the original owner has that option. If the CPO is taken, however, then the warranty can be extended now or later.

Last edited by Jud Chapin; 02-23-2019 at 12:37 PM.
Old 02-23-2019, 12:55 PM

Mercedes S550 Coupe (now) CL55 (until last March 3), Ferrari 612, Porsche Macan GTS
Jud, I dont know about the S63 specifically. Mine is a S550. It used to be that you could not get an extended warranty on AMGs. That was the case when I had my E55. But that was years ago and my understanding is that you can get an extended warranty on all MB products now. I certainly know that on my S550 I can get an extended original factory warranty and i am not the original owner and it is not a CPO.

Why dont you contact the extended warranty guy at the dealer I gave you the link to. He is very knowledgeable about the subject and i am sure that he would be happy to sell you a warranty (it is all about the money!). I know that he doesnt need to see the car, it merely has to have time left on the original factory warranty.
Old 04-02-2019, 10:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2018 Mclaren 720s, 2021 Aston Martin DBX
I got my last S550 still under the OE warranty from an independent dealer in Florida. I bought the MB extended warranty from MB of Georgetown TX and saved a few bucks because they didnt charge sales tax on the policy.
Old 04-02-2019, 10:23 AM

Ima55r2, that is a good point. My local dealer says it is $5100 for the 3 year warranty I would get. Since the People’s Republic of California just announced sales tax increases to about 10%, I assume that means that i will have to pay an additional $500 in CA. That is worth going to TX. Did you just call the Georgetown dealership and ask for the warranty department, or was there some reason for going there? I probably will do the same.
Old 04-02-2019, 10:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2018 Mclaren 720s, 2021 Aston Martin DBX
I just called them for the prices on the different terms and then charged it over the phone. They mailed me the policy. I even got some money back when I sold the car. This happened some years back so best to verify their taxes.

i heard about them on another mbworld forum.

Last edited by ima55r2; 04-02-2019 at 06:54 PM.
The following users liked this post:
RonCL55 (04-02-2019)