2016 S550 coupe - COMAND issue (Bluetooth audio no longer functional)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2018, 01:04 AM
exi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
--
2016 S550 coupe - COMAND issue (Bluetooth audio no longer functional)

Weird issue I can't sort out.

Unsure if has any bearing on this, but I used the mbrace app to remote start my vehicle to warm it up a bit. Cold climate.

I get in as usual, restart the engine because of that ridiculous engine cutoff when opening the door, and for some reason, I'm stuck on "Activating Bluetooth audio..." displaying. My ability to stream Bluetooth audio seems to be broken. Radio works otherwise.

Here's what I've noticed:

1. "Activating Bluetooth audio..." continues to attempt without erroring out, yet never connects;
2. Turning COMAND on/off does nothing;
3. Cycling the ignition does nothing;
4. I cannot manually de-authorize any Bluetooth device (attempting returns with "de-authorization failed");
5. Attempting to manually connect to any Bluetooth device gives me "connection unsuccessful";
6. Attempting to search for Bluetooth devices under that menu does nothing (at the screen with text explaining how to search, hitting "search" does nothing as opposed to actually searching for devices);
7. Attempting to authorize from the audio device leaves me at a "please wait" screen which ultimately does nothing and returns me to the previous window.

No idea how to address or fix this. Any thoughts? Any engineering menu where I may be able to do a reset of some sort?

--
Edit
-- not sure what the issue was, but it's fixed. Inspired by this thread here on MBWorld, I went back out to the car intending to use the "hold eject" (CD load button) method of COMAND rebooting. On turning the ignition on, things are working as expected. Did the COMAND reboot for good measure but probably accomplished nothing.

Who knows. Weird. Leaving this thread up for posterity.

Last edited by exi; 11-21-2018 at 01:21 AM.
Old 11-21-2018, 01:21 AM
exi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
--
Seems to be fixed (see edit in OP above). Go figure. Unclear to me why it's working now but wasn't despite previous ignition cycles.