Sub/Amp Install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2020, 12:03 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2018 S560 Cabrio, 2018 GLS450, 2020 GLB250
I can tell you MBUSA lied to you just as they lied to me. I complained a multitude of times about the audio in my S550 Cabriolet. That car was recently in an accident and I replaced with S560 Cabriolet. In both models the audio was unacceptable to my ears. The NAV-TV product is the best way to fix it. It eliminates factory amp where specialized processing occurs. With the NAV-TV piece I have a clean, flat signal from head unit which feeds aftermarket equipment.

Other problems with stock audio system is the speakers. The door mid-woofers rattle internally at certain frequencies between 160Hz to 800Hz. Also tweeter drops off high frequencies around 12000hz as volume is increased. Solution was replace door speakers.

The front firewall subs are excellent and do not need to be changed. But additional bass is required. I added a sub in the truck floor with very little negative affect on truck space.

Remaining speakers have same tweeter frequency drop and mid-woofer rattles. But these weren’t important enough for me to replace since all are used for filler audio. The main audio is in the doors, subs, and center. The stock center channel is good enough to keep in place as well.

Last edited by 0to60in4; 10-26-2020 at 10:34 PM.
Old 10-26-2020, 08:32 PM

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
2016 S63C4, 2021 Escalade Sport Platinum, 2023 Polaris Slingshot R
Originally Posted by lexnoir
Anyone do a sub/amp install? Any tips? This Burmester sound system has to be the worse sounding system ever! Bass is non-existent. Not everyone wants to hear classical music Mercedes.
Well, I read thru (skimmed) this thread and I'm impressed with the work you guys did! My MY17 C217 has the High-End, and yeah, it's decent, but even with the 2 x 8" FrontBass woofers and trunk floor sub, it lacked bass "feel".
SO... Rather than take up trunk or interior space, spending $$$ on so much custom fab, here's what I did:

4 Dayton "Pucks" under each front seat and added 2 in the lumbar region of the seat backs.

Boss Audio 400 Watt amp drives all 12 pucks.

Remote volume knob attenuates the trunk-mounted amp.

The result is quite astounding!! You'd swear there were (2) 12" subs in floor of the car somewhere. Those little "pucks" kick ***! Literally!!
The following users liked this post:
doncmleon (10-25-2021)
Old 09-05-2023, 03:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 Mercedes S550
Originally Posted by 0to60in4

Here are photos of the installation of audio wiring in the truck and starting building the subwoofer enclosure. The battery is hidden under a metal enclosure behind back seat. The stock Burmeister amplifier is in the trunk on the left side hidden behind pumps for the convertible top.

Let me know if people here want me to post photos as I build out the install.
I know this is an old thread and sorry to bring it back but I’m trying to install an amp and sub in my cabriolet as well. I can’t seem to get to the factory amp in the trunk. I’m stuck trying to remove the black felt side panel. I know it’s a long shot but are you able to message me or maybe even text me at (669) 261-1789 and help? Thank you very much.