It's Good to be Back

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2019, 03:13 PM

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
S63 AMG
It's Good to be Back

Well, I feel like I've arrived back home. 2008 I went into a CL500 that I LOVED but eventually had little bits and nigglets that "forced" me to sell in 2012. (I still have a 300CE and have been a member of MBWorld for a LONG time) I did loved the way the CL handled and drove, just the overall feel of the car. In 2012 my wife wanted and we purchased a brand new Maserati Granturismo. Beautiful car, loved driving it, however it must have had a self destruct button because this too started frustrating me with little problems that you should not worry about on a six figure car. This is a long way to say that I recently said bye-bye to the Mas and found a very low mile C217, S63 - AMG. 34 months on factory warranty and only 3,200 miles on it. NOW I remember why I loved the CL. The ride and drive fits me like a well worn pair of Levis. Just feels right, like I've come back home. Wowed by the technology and even picked up the extended warranty. I'd love to personalize the car, possibly add some carbon fiber bits or "fake" carbon fiber bits. Has anyone wrapped things like the side-skirts or other small trim pieces? I'd love to see pictures to get some ideas. (yes I've googled) Thinking about having the engine cover hydro-dipped to look like the high dollar carbon fiber parts, or possible some of the plastic engine surround. Thanks in advance to all those who support the form and provide valuable info and feedback. Apparently the Mas cover was $1,000 to dip.

Anyway, good to be back in a big S coupe.
Old 09-30-2019, 10:56 AM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
2017 S63 AMG Coupe, Lexus lx570, Infinti fx45, c5 Z06, !990 300zx tt
Congratulations! Great car your gonna love it. I have not done any carbon fiber modifications to it. Hopefully someone has and will answer you. The S63 threads are a lot slower then other threads. Enjoy the car!
Old 09-30-2019, 05:28 PM

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
S63 AMG
Originally Posted by jeckyl&HydeS63
Congratulations! Great car your gonna love it. I have not done any carbon fiber modifications to it. Hopefully someone has and will answer you. The S63 threads are a lot slower then other threads. Enjoy the car!
thanks so much for the feedback.

I found a place just North of Dallas that does hydro-dipping. Pricing seems reasonable. I'm having the car wrapped now, but will take it by their store to get an estimate on doing some small bits and engine / computer cover, plus air intakes. Based on what I saw, they wanted $150 to do a wheel, so the air intakes should be a decent value. Will keep you posted and try to respond back before the IL snow starts to fly!