Need info on NIGHT package - can it be removed/replaced?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2019, 09:46 AM

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
Need info on NIGHT package - can it be removed/replaced?

I've found a car that's almost perfect for me except it has the NIGHT package. I'm wondering it that can be trivially changed from the black trim to silver.

Looking at the parts diagram, I do -not- see variants of the intake vent (bumper) trim in black, so do they just delete it for the NIGHT package?

https://www.mercedespartsdelivered.c...mponents-front

I'm trying to figure out what the difference is and how to "UNDO" a NIGHT package if you didn't want it on a 2018 S63 Coupe, no CARBON package.

Thanks
Dave
Old 09-30-2019, 11:12 AM

Received 202 Likes on 166 Posts
2016 S550C4, 2005 SL500
Originally Posted by davepl
I've found a car that's almost perfect for me except it has the NIGHT package. I'm wondering it that can be trivially changed from the black trim to silver.
<snip>Thanks Dave
You might look into vinyl wrap as a relatively simple way to achieve the look you want. A professional detailer experienced in vinyl wrapping can make trim into just about any color you want and I assume a chrome vinyl would be possible. Good luck.
Old 09-30-2019, 12:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 197 Likes on 165 Posts
Porsche guy who drives SL63 w/ perf pkg AND perf suspension
yes you can buy every pert new probably cost a couple thousand. Or go get all wrapped with chrome wrap. few hundred
Old 09-30-2019, 01:58 PM

Received 112 Likes on 80 Posts
2020 S63 Coupe, 2006 Hummer H1 Alpha, 2018 McLaren 720S, 2022 Porsche 911 TurboS, 2022 Tesla Model X
You might also be able to trade trim parts with someone who doesn't have, but wants the "night style".

Otherwise the standard (non-CF) trim pieces are not very expensive, although still would be cheaper to wrap them. If the night styling parts are removed you can get the part#s off them, and it will be easy to find the corresponding pieces in the regular finish.
Old 10-03-2019, 03:40 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
Euros
You can wrap it or trade with someone who wants black trim. I am sure there are lots of people who would be wiling to trade. The tricky part would just be removing the trim pieces, since they are aluminum and can bend easily.
Old 02-11-2020, 04:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
s63
Originally Posted by davepl

Looking at the parts diagram, I do -not- see variants of the intake vent (bumper) trim in black, so do they just delete it for the NIGHT package?

https://www.mercedespartsdelivered.c...mponents-front

I'm trying to figure out what the difference is and how to "UNDO" a NIGHT package if you didn't want it on a 2018 S63 Coupe, no CARBON package.

Thanks
Dave
hello.
how did it go with swapping the night package trim?
if you still looking for chrome trim for your c217, i can help you out since i want to replace my chrome trim for black ones.