C217 S550 Coupe gets Focal Inside for the rear side and rear deck

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2023, 06:22 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
2016 S550 4Matic Coupe
C217 S550 Coupe gets Focal Inside for the rear side and rear deck

The rear deck was super easy: pop out grills. Swap out speakers, done. Rear side panels are a bit more work, but you can swap out the speakers without taking the panels out of the car. You do have to slowly pull on the seat belt “offerors” to make them come all the way out. Let those hang. Unclip rear portion of door sill. Pull out the rubber seal that runs along the door where the side panels meet. Unsnap the chrome trim pieces (see my note about these in the doors - you will break small tabs here for sure). Use your T25 bit to remove the two screws hidden by that trim. Carefully pry out and pop the panel away inward from the side of the car. You use the Focal crossovers the same way here as done in the doors - see my other post.

Passenger side. Use your plastic pry tool and work from inside edge to pry up and pop out that speaker grille. Pry old speaker up and disconnect its plug.

Focal goes in easily.

Driver side - done just like the passenger side.

Here’s the driver side rear side panel pulled out, ready for the IS MBZ 100 speakers.

Rear deck gets the ICR MBZ 100, rear side panels get the IS MBZ 100 - just as the doors did.

I also got the front bass subs but will save that project for another day. Rumor has it that these fit other models but don’t fit S-Class? However, note that these are ISUB MBZ 2 so maybe Focal figured it out and made a pair to fit our cars after all. If I decide to give them a try I’ll relay my findings here.

Last edited by djcwardog; 08-17-2023 at 06:24 PM.
Old 08-21-2023, 09:30 AM

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts
2017 S550 coupe, 2013 E550 coupe, 2008 Tahoe
Nice upgrade

Last edited by wheatswake; 08-22-2023 at 10:29 PM.