Continuing trunk issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2023, 01:10 PM
WLB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Edition one S Coupe, SL 550 Silver Arrow, 2021 Escalade
Continuing trunk issue

Ongoing issue with 2015 edition one coupe. The trunk will pop open as it should however it does not raise and I can hear what sounds like a motor running which I assume is what would normally raise/lower the lid. After manually fully raising the lid I can see the red close/lock buttons and the trunk interior lights are not illuminated. I then have to manually close the lid and it latches. I have had it at the dealer several times and they reprogram or something and it works for a while but then reverts to this scenario. They are now suggesting they go on a hunt to try to find the problem which isn't very confidence inspiring. Suggestions?
Old 11-01-2023, 04:45 PM

2017 S550 cabrio
My '17 S550 cabrio had a faulty trunk lid position sensor that had to be replaced. I took it in because the passenger side trunk hinge had come off. Here's the write-up from my invoice describing what was done after the hinge was fixed:
Function test trunk lid. Trunk does not open or close on its own. Short test, no relevant faults. Watch actual values for trunk position, sensor value does not change when opening the trunk. Sensor is faulty and unable to see position of trunk. R&I right side trunk panels, replace trunk lid position sensor and teach it after repair. Perform normalization of trunk lid after repair. Trunk lid is operating as designed.

Last edited by cvinfig; 11-01-2023 at 04:49 PM.
Old 11-01-2023, 04:55 PM
WLB

Thanks Chuck. I will take a look at that and if I can't fix it I will try a different dealer.
Old 11-02-2023, 01:46 PM
WLB

I have done a search for a diagram and picture of the elusive trunk lid position sensor to no avail. Can someone help me with those please.