S-Class (W126) 1979-1991: 300 SE, 300 SEL, 380 SE, 380 SEL, 420 SEL, 500 SEL, 560 SEL, 360 SEC, 500 SEC, 580 SEC, 300 SD TURBODIESEL, 300 SDL TURBO, 350 SD TURBO, 350 SDL TURBO

H&R vs. Eibach springs?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2005, 01:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'86 560SEL
H&R vs. Eibach springs?

Has anyone got any recommendations as to one brand vs. the other? My 560 needs new tires, and since I was planning on buying new wheels at some point, I'm just going to buy them now... I refuse to buy two sets of tires a few months apart.

And while I'm at it I figured I'd take care of the springs... Tire Rack doesn't have any Eibach springs for the 560, so I'd have to order them from Performance Products or something. They do, however, have H&R springs for W126 cars with self-leveling suspensions... and they're cheaper than the Eibachs. Is there any reason not to go with them?

Oh, and while I'm thinking about it... I'm going to buy ASA ST4 wheels... which have a 25mm offset. I believe the stock offset is 23mm... I still don't really understand the whole offset thing so if someone could explain to me exactly what difference that makes, I'd appreciate it. According to TireRack, they fit the car, so... *shrugs*

(oh, and yes, I posted this on Benzworld.org as well, but I wanted the opinions of people over here too )
Old 08-28-2005, 09:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
300SEL
Originally Posted by Geeky1
Has anyone got any recommendations as to one brand vs. the other? My 560 needs new tires, and since I was planning on buying new wheels at some point, I'm just going to buy them now... I refuse to buy two sets of tires a few months apart.

And while I'm at it I figured I'd take care of the springs... Tire Rack doesn't have any Eibach springs for the 560, so I'd have to order them from Performance Products or something. They do, however, have H&R springs for W126 cars with self-leveling suspensions... and they're cheaper than the Eibachs. Is there any reason not to go with them?

Oh, and while I'm thinking about it... I'm going to buy ASA ST4 wheels... which have a 25mm offset. I believe the stock offset is 23mm... I still don't really understand the whole offset thing so if someone could explain to me exactly what difference that makes, I'd appreciate it. According to TireRack, they fit the car, so... *shrugs*

(oh, and yes, I posted this on Benzworld.org as well, but I wanted the opinions of people over here too )
To my knowledge the H&Rs will lower the car a little more than the Eibachs will.