S-Class (W126) 1979-1991: 300 SE, 300 SEL, 380 SE, 380 SEL, 420 SEL, 500 SEL, 560 SEL, 360 SEC, 500 SEC, 580 SEC, 300 SD TURBODIESEL, 300 SDL TURBO, 350 SD TURBO, 350 SDL TURBO

Navigation Problem fixed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2006, 12:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1984 500 Sec and 2001 S500
Navigation Problem fixed

Hey guys, thought I would pass on some things I have discovered with my most recent repair. My S500 has been in the shop almost three months because of an initial suspension collapse. While there the mechanic found a total of six problem codes. Eventually trying to sort out the issues he put in a new shift box, new headlight modulator,two new struts, pump,relay, fuse,ignition switch, and had my navigation unit rebuilt and updated.
Unfortunately for me my expensive extended warrenty (Interstate) denied all coverage but one strut saying the rest were preexisting.

The car was towed to the shop two days after I bought it. I only got to drive it 53 miles
Anyway, my point to this thread.......with the updated and repaired Navigation I am now getting the status messages on the instument cluster.
Also when in reverse, the passenger mirror angles down so you can see the rear tire. And the best for me. The 6 dics CD player is fully operational!!
Before, I was getting a Nav screen message that the CD magazine was not there.